Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Recipes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Blasphemous.Vaseline.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:28 am
Astrox
Vegan "Mac 'N' Cheese"

1/2 cup plain soymilk
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teapoon salt
1/4 of a block of firm tofu
1/2 cup of canola/vegetable/grapeseed oil
2 cups macaroni

A deep-ish baking pan and blender are needed as well.

Pre-heat oven to 350 F.

Boil water for the pasta, dump pasta in when water boils.

While the pasta cooks, dump all the other ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth.

Once pasta is cooked, drain it and put it in the baking pan. Then pour the "cheese" sauce over the pasta.

Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy. This should take about 15 minutes.

lol, i just made this. The "cheese" sauce smells.... well I hope it tastes better than it smells sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:44 pm
Heres a really nice recipe for quick and easy vegan cookies. They taste really nice and chocolatey when they're done, but if you just eat the dough it tastes pretty good too! (I think I ate 1/2 cup of dough last time I made these! xd )
Also, since they don't have that much sugar in them, and they're made with whole grain flour and rolled oats, they're not *that* bad for ya.

Ingredients:

1 cup Whole Grain Flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1/3 cup Vegan Sugar
1/3 cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2tbs Carob Powder (cocoa powder can be used as well)
1/2 cup Vanilla Soymilk
1/2 tbs Vanilla Extract
2tbs Chopped Almonds
1/3 cup Vegetabel Oil
A dash of Cinnamon
A pinch of Salt

How to Make Them:

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
-Mix all of the ingredients together.
-On a greased cookie sheet, place balls of dough spaced about 2" apart.
-Bake for 8 minutes, then check on them. How long they take to bake will depend on your oven as well as how large you made each cookie.

I have a blog where I try to post some of my fave recipes, so if anyone wants to check it out, it can be found here:

http://livinvegan.blogspot.com/  

DreamerSpirit

pixie_laughter09

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:31 pm
OK this is my favorite type of cake. 4laugh I found the recipe on Vegweb.com (very handy place)

Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
You Need:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pineapple juice/water (see below)
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 20 oz can pineapple chunks in unsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 cup UNPACKED brown sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

Pour juice off can of pineapple into 1 cup measuring cup--it should be about 3/4 cup juice. Add water to make 1 cup. In a separate bowl, combine oil, vinegar and juice.

Dump pineapple chunks into the bottom of a 12 inch spring form pan (you could use an 8x8 or other sized spring form, just adjust cooking time). Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Quickly mix wet ingredients into dry, stirring quickly to combine ingredients well and get out the big lumps. Pour into pan on top of the pineapple/brown sugar mix.

Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking time will depend on pan size...mine took 30 minutes in my crappy oven in a 12 inch spring form pan.

Let cool and loosen sides of cake from pan. Remove side ring and place serving plate on top. Flip cake over onto serving plate and remove pan bottom.

Eat. Yumm.

Serves: 8-12

Preparation time: 10 min + baking time  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:11 am
vegweb.com is wonderful!

One of my favorite recipes from vegweb is for bread:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5716.0

Very easy to make, and it tastes great!  

momomuki

Peppermint Cherry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:51 pm
this is like my all time favorite recipe ever. and it's the only one my parents will eat stressed I don't have the book that it came from anymore, and my computer crashed, so I don't have a copy of the recipes anymore. I just make it by memory now. the recipe originally called for Barely but no one and I mean NO ONE sells barely in my town, well actually it's a city, but oh well you get the point. so I use rice instead. you can change the amount of nay of the vegetables to suit your taste or for whatever you have on hand.

-1 onion chopped -2 carrots sliced
-4 or 5 potatoes chopped -1 stalk of celery sliced
-6 cups of water** -2 bouillion cubes
- 1/8 cup of rice - some oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute the onion in a pot that's big enough for everything. then add the carrots and celery. saute a little more then add the potatoes. add the water, rice, salt and bouillion to the pot. bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.

** if you're not using bouillion, use a can of vegetable stock and just go from there with the water. i.e if the can is 16 oz. add 4 cups of water to the soup.

be warned. this soup stays EXTREMLY hot for a very long time, so be careful.
it's super yummy with garlic bread btw 3nodding  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces