Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Doing it right?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I doing it right?
  Yes
  No
  Pollwhore Option
View Results

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:48 am
It's been awhile since I posted on here, but as of right now, I am so terrified that it's not funny.

About two weeks ago I was told I had High Colesterol. I was given medicine to control it and told to change my diet.

I did. I took both the medicine and started checking food labels for colesterol count. (I'm really strict, I try to eat foods that have 0% colesterol.)

I've also tried to start eatting in portions. Not always easy, but I try. So, this past Monday, I go to my doctor, and they check my weight. Turns out, I dropped 7 pounds. Tues. goes by without incident, then today, I didn't want to deal with the loose fitting 22/24 pants, so I put on my 18/20 pants. Though snug, and a little tight, they fit me.

Is loosing 7 pounds in two weeks dangerous? Is the fact I'm taking my medicine and watching my colesterol contributing to the weight loss? I am doing this right? gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 pm
Hey, I've heard of girls loosing close to 2Olbs in the first two weeks; it all depends on how much you started with. I lost about 12lbs in my first two weeks when I ate myself into a size 2O. xp It's mostly just water weight, so don't get too upset about how "healthy" it is. Besides, it's normal to loose about 2lbs each week, so you're just under 3lbs extra weight lost. Not that dangerous.

What's contributing to the weight loss is that you're altering your diet. Cholesterol is primarily from animal products, which have higher calories per ounce than soy or other meat alternatives. So, when you're looking at nutrition labels, you'd pick meatless hot wings over normal hot wings because they have less (or no) cholesterol. But, they also have less calories.

You would have to look up the medication to see if any side-effects are weight loss.

Almost Poetic

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 pm
I don't think losing 7 pounds in 2 weeks is unhealthy at all. Hell, I wish I could lose 7 pounds every two weeks. Why don't you try giving up dressings for a while. My mom had high cholesterol too and after a year, she dropped it down to normal by never eating mayo, ranch, and other thick and fatty dressings. She always ate her food dry. It's worth a shot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Well, if we're talking about foods to lower cholesterol, the Mayo Clinic suggests eating food high in fiber (whole grains, oatmeal), Omega-3-rich fish (salmon, albacore tuna), nuts (almonds, walnuts), olive oil (extra virgin recommended), and foods with added phytosterols (phytosterols are found naturally in plants, but have recently been added to specially marked orange juices and yogurts).

I'm 5 for 5. biggrin It's good because heart problems run in both sides of the family. I need to keep it as desirable as possible.

Almost Poetic

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:29 am
How much you loose in one week depends on how much you weigh. In my nutrition course we were taught no more than 2% your total weight per week. Otherwise, you will burn your muscle for energy. And we want to protect our muscle mass! So if you weigh say, 200lbs, than no more than 4lbs per week. Which is 8lbs per two weeks which means you'd be fine. But, I dunno your weight so you'll have to figure that out for yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 am
I don't really know but if I could loose that much I would love it. I hate my figure so if you are worried then the ones above me seem to know what they are talking about so talk to them or if your really concered ask someone else like a nutrisalist or doctor, they will be able to help.  

FJHP WERE HERE

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Edward 100
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games