Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Herbology{accepting applications/First lesson up! due 31st } Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you join?
yes
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
poll whore woot!
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
...? wht was the question again?
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 am
"um professor i was wondering why are there so many simularites between human behavior and mandrakes
also if a human was crazy and decided to be a plant and tried to bury them selves and then was raised the same way as mandrakes given only the the same things given to mandrakes could you cut up a human and use them inplace of the mandrake for the potion im sure they would screwam just as loud also what effect would cut up human have on the mandrake potion made for curing petrified people?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:50 am
As i listen to James my eyes start getting wider and begins to chuckle before shaking head. James you want me to answer that or would you prefer the Professor too?  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

tealflower1928

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 pm
Professor Laina Stared at James in bemusement. "Similarities between Mandrakes and humans occur because its the way their systems and DNA are built, much like ours except that we do not have the same qualities of Mandrakes so if we were used in the potion it would be more like cannibal soup than anything, which is looked down upon in most societies, and if you did try to become a mandrake then I would expect the people who care about you to send you to Saint Mongos, not experiment with you in a potion." she answered calmly. "Answer your question?"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:08 am
"Professor, I have question. Do you know of a plant named Yarrow. At least I think thats what its called. I've heard rumors about it being just as affective as a bezoar when it comes to poisons. Is that true?"  

0re04rmdasouth

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Edward 100

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 am
"I don't know Professor, I might put James in a potion. I'm sure the effects would be most unusual," Crystal remarks with a smile. "I don't really see why it would be wrong, if it's okay to use mandrakes which as you say are similar."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:04 am
"i hear by give crystal promission to put me in a potion if i ever tend to think im a mand drake"  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:30 am
tealflower1928
Professor Laina Stared at James in bemusement. "Similarities between Mandrakes and humans occur because its the way their systems and DNA are built, much like ours except that we do not have the same qualities of Mandrakes so if we were used in the potion it would be more like cannibal soup than anything, which is looked down upon in most societies, and if you did try to become a mandrake then I would expect the people who care about you to send you to Saint Mongos, not experiment with you in a potion." she answered calmly. "Answer your question?"
but the similarities in dna should allow for us to be sued in the potion it might not have the same effects though also if some one cloned them selves and put the clone in the potion would it be the same as if they used a real person? i know that would still have dark magical affects of using blood and flesh and spririt in a potion but i saw this done once never did i drink the potion but the elf who did it was sentenced to death and his work destroyed just curious if it would work though or what it would have done"  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:49 pm
Username: Naturefreak3
Student Name: Jenna
Year: 1st
House: Ravenclaw

dancer_ attitude

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:51 pm
((can I still join? The first assignment was already due!))  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm
Username: techpriest35
Student Name: james telemar
Year: 7th
House:slytherin

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150