Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gollllld
  CHEESE!!! ((with a little MMB))
View Results

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:28 pm
no i mean they dont like 3rd wave stuff just some of it, they hate catch 22, mustard plug, the aquabats (arguably 3rd wave), streetlight manifesto, the know how, skakin' pickle, voodoo glow skulls any of it they just like TMMB RBF and LTJ  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Well, it's not your problem.
Let them like what they like, but they're missing out.
Have them sample a few songs by the bands if they've never heard them, maybe they'll change their minds.  

Asthen

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:31 pm
confused well they're silly.

...like I should talk. I'm like them in reverse. I only like some bands and occasionly listen to something un-ska but then another band that's the same genre and I'm bored out of my mind.

Plus- aquabats is an aquired taste in the first place. not exactly one of the bands I can listen to over and over again.

you can still show them different music just in more of a "hey I love this song wanna hear?" instead of "OMFGHowCanYouLikeOneButNotTheOther?!?!?!!1!" 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:56 pm
no i've shown it to them, hell i showed them Mu330 and there like "what the ******** is this, this is like ******** emo man take it off"  

AnonymousJoe

DarkVice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:17 pm
hahahahaha thas awesome... by which i mean stupid... MU330 is tight s**t and those guys need to mellow out.... I mean I don't really care for RBF... (just because my neighbor used to constantly play really bad bootlegs inbetween REALLY bad christian rock so it kinda killed it for me...) but i dont crap myself when somone plays it....
I recomend you burn them comps you make and just give it to em for no reason or like on holidays and if they dont like it then tell em to throw it away.... I used to do that at winter break and summer break every year of highschool..... I made some pretty sweet comps too...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:28 pm
Lol, crapping pants.
xD
But... I used to only like the bands you listed, but after a while, I found other bands and stuff.
...>>
How can they NOT like The Specials?
They basically invented ska.
(( don't kill me for saying that ^^;; ))
As someone said here, if they're real skakids, and they're not just going with the flow, they'll last longer than the others that are just there for ther ride.
After the losers have passed back to emo, I suggest getting those rudies to listen to some other stuff that isn't so mainstream.

Farnoosh

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:54 pm
let me get this straight: they thought Mu330 was EMO?

.....*head implodes* stressed

christian rock is one of the scariest things I've ever listened to. Especially songs that sound like plain old love songs but end up being about loving Jesus and God and such instead of loving your lovers. confused *vomitation of the keyboard*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:25 am
UreshiiNyoko

christian rock is one of the scariest things I've ever listened to. Especially songs that sound like plain old love songs but end up being about loving Jesus and God and such instead of loving your lovers. confused *vomitation of the keyboard*
*helps you wipe off your keyboard*  

Farnoosh

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:51 pm
Farnoosh
UreshiiNyoko

*helps you wipe off your keyboard*

D:
What about Five Iron Frenzy though?
I like them, even if they were Christian Ska.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:24 pm
christian ska is different. [/hypocrite]

I can dance to ska without thinking about the lyrics. There's some christian songs I actually like (basically the ones that don't repeat the words "Jesus" "saviour" "pray" or "God") I haven't heard much of five iron frenzy but I like what I've heard.  

UreshiiNyoko

Farnoosh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:58 pm
xD
I love Five Iron Frenzy.
*skanks*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:38 pm
*cough*... I'm kinda new to all this. I understand third wave and first variations, but could someone explain 2nd wave to me?

...(I feel awkward).  

al_batross

Leveller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:57 pm
2nd wave is like...ska revival with bands like, Specials, Madness, the (english) beat and The Selecter (all 2 tone bands)
and if the 1st wave ska had roots in Jamaica 2nd wave has it roots in England....I just got up from bed and I could edit this later, and please fill me in on info....this is kinda weak  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:52 am
Foreign ska question.
I know there was a foriegn ska thread, but I found this thread first. >>
Can anyone tell me who does this song, and what the name of the song is?
http://www.flashplayer.com/music/theresheis.html
It's the song for that video.  

Electric Uncle Akuma

Farnoosh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:01 pm
I have no idea...
=

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash