Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Fashion/Style/Beauty
About my hair

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 am
I have been considering about dying it reddish color.
Something like this:
User Image

Any objections or suggestions?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 am
Oh and I am not actually as dark as my webcam makes me look.  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:24 am
Assuming that is you in your sig, to get your hair that color of red, well, your hair looks darker than that picture. If it is, you may need to lighten your hair first to get it that exact color. If your hair is darker and you just try that color, you'll come out with a darker-brown-red. Lightening hair can damage it. If you do decide to lighten it (if you need to) get it professionally done and get some product to put on to help repair damage.

I love red. I'm going to try dying mine soon again. The key to remember about red.. it fades fast. Real fast. Some tips to make it fade less fast: when you get it colored, wait at least 24 hours before washing it again. Some places recommend waiting 48 hours. That could be challenging depending on how greasy your hair gets between washes. (I just throw mine up in a ponytail).

When you do wash your hair, don't use hot water on it. Lukewarm to cool water helps it fade less. (Rinsing with cold water is better for hair anyway, or so I've heard).

Can't hurt to buy special shampoo designed for colored hair so it doesn't fade the color out faster. You can find those at the grocery and at a salon.

and just remember, the red will look different on you since you aren't as pale as the woman in the picture. Make sure you like this image of yourself, picture it well before you take the plunge.

That said.. if you go through with it, share a picture with us. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 am
Thank you for your input it was really helpful. I will continue thinking it over and I will share a picture if I go through with it. biggrin  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Ophrysia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 pm
It looks like you have a good skin tone for that color. I'd say go for it. =)

You may have to lighten your hair first, or you may not. It depends on what you use. My hair is naturally dark brown; I used Garnier Fructis hair color on mine, and it came out a bright, almost cherry red. A lot brighter than I expected it to (but I loved it), and I didn't lighten it at all. XD

I would get it done professionally, if you can, or find a nearby Sally Beauty Supply store and ask them about it (if you buy it from Sally, you'll probably have to mix it all yourself, but it saves a lot of money doing it this way, and it's the exact same color they use in the salons). If you buy box dye, there's no telling what you'll get as a result. I'm glad I liked the final result on my hair, because it didn't come out anywhere near like the box told me it would. XD  
Fashion/Style/Beauty

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games