Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Liquid diet for one week

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:49 pm
Edit: recovery was longer than expected. Day 5 and I'm only just starting with soft foods but still mostly liquid.

Jan 5th I'm getting all four wisdoms out. So no solid food for probably a good 2-3 days. I'm actually kind of anxious to get on a liquid diet. Every time I look into "cleansing" theories, a liquid diet is always involved. Even if it's a 24hr fast, they recommend a liquid diet pre and post fast. It makes sense, I mean, the body absorbs nutrients more readily if they're already in liquid form. This means less energy digesting and more time for the body to do a "spring cleaning" get rid of any toxins or bad bacteria.

I hope that being on a liquid diet helps me loose the 8lbs I put on since the summer. But I want to avoid loosing any muscle mass so I guess lots of milk smoothies. Maybe I could get some almond milk. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:25 pm
Dont know about the liquid diet, low fat yoghurt might help? Anyway, good luck with the surgery, having mine out on around the 28th Jan so hope it goes well!  

Iconised Ghost

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 pm
I had min e out a few years ago, and I didnt have to have too much liquid but I had cherry coke to settle my stomach and a light oatmeal bread sandwich with something like deli meat. I used my tongue instead of my teeth.

but if you want to do the liquid Idea, make sure to get some drinkable yogurts. I used those too. Almond Milk will help with calcium too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:27 am
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I was sick as a dog. Pain pills made me vomit (or dry heave when I had an empty stomach). I literally didn't eat for a week. It sucked.

That said, I had a friend get his out and he was hanging out with friends later that day. He did fine. I hated him for it. xD He didn't have to restrict his diet much at all. You may do as well as he did.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 am
Dizzy Aquarius
I had min e out a few years ago, and I didnt have to have too much liquid but I had cherry coke to settle my stomach and a light oatmeal bread sandwich with something like deli meat. I used my tongue instead of my teeth.

but if you want to do the liquid Idea, make sure to get some drinkable yogurts. I used those too. Almond Milk will help with calcium too.

I'm probably going to mostly make my own smoothies. Unless I stop by "freshly squeezed" I do have plain yoghurt, bananas, raw unsweetened cocoa powder as well as some fruits. I'm also going to be picking up lots of organic soups. I'm probably the only person to get excited about not being able to eat solid food. I feel like it's gona jump start my progress for 2011.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:55 pm
Whatever you choose to do, absolutely positively NOTHING gets sucked through a straw. Your surgeon should give you more precise info as to how long to stay away from it. Sucking from a straw will dislodge your clots and lead to what they call a "dry socket." Basically, you've got a big raw hole in your mouth and it will hurt like hell and require frequent trips back to the dentist so that it can be packed with gauze.

As far as liquid versus solid foods--my first meal after my wisdom teeth were out was jello and pudding, but I was still woozy and tired from the sedative and couldn't actually feed myself. (My mouth and tongue were also still partially numb.) The next day I was up to attend a youth conference and my lunch that day was chicken breast, garlic bread, salad, and mashed potatoes. I had to the cut up the chicken into tiny pieces and tear up my bread, but I ate every bit of it. Took me longer than normal due to jaw stiffness, but I was fine. Only thing to look out for is stuff with sharp corners. Chips and crackers are best delayed.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 am
Yesterday I ate almost nothing . it took so long for me to regain feeling in my tongue and lips I couldn't safely drink anything. I had a hop, a bit of ice cream and half a protein shake. I was under my calorie goal by more than 600. I'm gona try to get more in me today. I made a smoothies with the rest of my protein shake, ice cream, plain yoghurt and a banana. Gona have that for lunch. Breakfast was a yop and a very berry smoothies. ( so tasty) I don't want to be that far under my calorie goal because if I just loose muscle mass I'll end up gaining it all back as fat and be worse off  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 am
How's your recovery going? I think a day or too under your calorie goal shouldnt harm you too much but at the same time, if you're hungry thats pretty miserable for you  

Iconised Ghost

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:40 pm
Don't worry about a day or two of being under. You're recovery from surgery--your diet isn't going to be perfect.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 am
Thanks guys. The recovery is pretty slow. My face is still looking and feeling like i'm hiding a baseball in my mouth. It's more irritating than painful though, and I'm sleeping soundly. Making my own protein shakes is sort of working. I melt 2tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 tbsp cane sugar in 1 cup soy milk 1/2 cup 2% milk, add a banana, blend and chill. Lots of protein in there without much fat. Was only under my calorie goal by 52 which suits me just fine. My app didn't warn me that I wasn't eating enough and I almost reached my protein goal. Which I figure is also important for the healing process.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 am
XD

When I had mine taken out I was eating solids the next day.
But i stayed in bed for a week, the pain pills made me sleepy and my balance was horrible.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:16 am
I lost ZERO pounds and I was on the liquid diet for close to two weeks mad  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games