My little sister might like girls

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 pm
So, today is my little sister's birthday.
She's not really little anymore,
but I'll always think of her as little.
She's 17.

Now, I have nothing wrong with gay people.
I'm pansexual myself. I have many gay/bi/pansexual friends.
It's just...
Well...
She's always been extremely stoic towards other people. Sure she always had friends, mostly lady friends.
It's just... she's never had a crush on anybody before.
She's always hated couples, kissy-things, and the thought of ever being in a relationship.

And now she's going to ask that girl out on Thursday.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS. D'x
It's like, she's just... growing up, man. It's crazy.
Me and her are really close,
and I'm happy she's going to try dating,
but I don't want her to get hurt or anything.
And then my dad, god.
I don't know how he feels about gay people.
My Mom's alright with gay people, I think.
She has lots of lesbian and gay friends,
but when I mentioned I was pansexual [ which isn't a big deal anyways, i just wanted to see how she'd react ] she didn't say much more other then that it was probably just a phase.
My dad, though... I dunno.
I don't think he's against it...
He still calls gay guys fags,
and I remember once he said he doesn't care if some guy is gay,
as long as he doesn't hit on him.
But what if his favorite daughter is bisexual, and possibly gay?
Ugh.

Sorry for the long post.
I just... didn't expect her to be liking anybody, ever.
I really didn't.

TL;DR:
My sister might be bisexual, big deal for me cause she doesn't like anybody.
I don't care if she likes girls, but I just have no idea how to handle anything about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm
W E L L H A I.

I be s p e a k i n g nao.

I
                          don't blame you. O____O
                          Now, I feel kind of pressed to say I've got no issue with gay people, either. I have the world's most ridiculous crush on a friend of mine.
                          NOW!
                          I may be slightly biased, seeing as how, although my birthday is only two months away (EIGHTEEN, HERE I COME -dies), I am presently seventeen. Us seventeen-year-olds aren't exactly all mature, and we aren't exactly smart either. And I can see being weirded out if you haven't noticed any interest in any relationship from your sister... AT ALL. If my little sister were to grow that big and do such things, I wouldn't know what to do.

AND... I happen to be the oldest, so I've gotta say I'm jealous she's got an older sister like you all worried about her. :3

However... (what was my point again? Oh yesh, that was it) From what I understand (and I may be wrong, I'm silly like that) she's trying to figure things out for herself, trying to know what she likes and what she doesn't and figure out who she is. And I think you're handling it just fine. You're glad she's trying something new, you're scared of what might happen. It sounds like you care about her and stick up for her. And if I was your sister, that's all I'd want.

Of course, I'm not the final word on anything.

On account of knowing nothing.
                          ... well, I've rambled on for just about eternity. xD So I leave you it peace, Utziel. I hope everything for your sister works out for the best it can be.
                          And now, I hug.
                          -Hugs-

- - - - - - - - - - -

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:09 pm
Thank you for commenting. D:
I was seventeen lastyear-ish too, and it was crazy.
That was the year I lost my virginity, and I don't want to think of my little sister doing something crazy like that.
I know, it's just me, and I'm doing the same thing my Mom does to me.
AKA being over protective. My Mom didn't like me staying at my boyfriend's house because she was a horrible teenager [lawl], but I'm not really like that. I mean, suuure, I'm a bit of a nympho, but it's not like we do it all the time every day or something.
It's just, the point is that I'm thinking of the bad things I do,
and imagining my sister doing them.
She's a good girl,
very smart,
zero common sense.
:F
I'm very worried.

But I found out who her crush is.
And the girl is absolutely adorable. [/freckles]

I just... don't want my sister to go through heartbreak.
I love easily, so I've been through a lot of that.
I don't want my sister to go through it too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm
I'm happy for her ^^

I think that heartbreak is going to happen naturally around her age and it's something she can't avoid.

Just let her live in the moment for now (as long as she's not doing anything stupid D: )  

Tolora

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 pm
W E L L H A I.

I be s p e a k i n g nao.

T
                          hank you for not thinking I'm a rambling madwoman. xD

Baha... zero common sense, I see. I will admit, I laughed a little, because that sounded exactly like me. xD

Of course, that's neither her nor there.

Ah... I can understand not wanting her to do the same things you feel were mistakes, or just things you think she's not ready for. There's a girl in my neighborhood I grew up with. She's fourteen, and she's like my little sister. She also started dating a guy I used to go out with, and wish I never had. Leaving her to learn on her own, at that age, scared the unholy crap out of me.

This sounds moronic, but perhaps you could let her know how you feel? Just maybe to clear the air and get it off your chest. If she knows, maybe she'll be cautious.

But at least the girl is adorable. xDDD FRECKLES!!! -squeal-

Aw, darlin'.
                          I don't think any of us want the people we love to go through heartbreak.
                          It hurts a lot.
                          It's so hard knowing that we won't be able to always keep them safe. Or at least it is for me.

- - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm
Awe, I understand how that goes. I have friends who are exactly like that. It might not be that she's bi/lesbian/insert orientation here/ but maybe she's trying to figure things out or is really picky. She could also be asexual, meaning to have no interest in sexual contact. Whatever the case just be there. smile She'll come out, if that's the case, when she's ready.  

Sunkist Serenade

3,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:22 am
Yeah, I think the best thing to do would just to support her in whatever she decides to do.

@ MearaT;
xD Yeah, it's hard to watch people grow up.

I've been letting her know. Me and her are pretty open to each other. She knows I'm a weirdo, and I worry about everything that ever existed.

That girl is adorable. This is her. Isn't she adorable? x3

Ugh, I knooow. I don't want to baby her, but I want her to be safe at the same time.
Now I know how my parents feel. xD  
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff