Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Nerdy Kitten

8,200 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 am
My hair is become dry. I straighten it and I've used the same heat spray for years. Nothing about it has changed and I use the same stuff to clean it too. Why is it suddenly becoming really dry?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 am
Maybe you should try some new stuff. The old stuff might be losing its effect on your hair, or something.  

Ominelle

Em is asylum

5,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:14 pm
What I think is that you need to swicth products. like use this kind of shampoo that is used for dry hair and heat straigh hair.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:20 pm
I remember reading somewhere that, on average, a woman's hair changes textures/types 7 times in her life. Maybe that's happening? Before jumping to that conclusion, I'd try switching products like the others suggested, though. =)  

Hersheydudette

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 am
The best thing I have ever done to add moisture to my hair is use the garnier deep conditioner. I don't know if they have it where you are, but it looks like this and it's very reasonably priced, I highly recommend it.
Also, if you are always using heat styling it is a good idea to rub coconut oil in your ends to keep them moisturised and prevent split ends. Make sure you only put it on the ends though, 'cause otherwise it will make your hair too oily.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 am
Use a lot of conditioner, or use a hair mask, I use that and every day when I brush my hair I use some spray to make it soft. I've got dry hair but thanks to this things my hair is soft smile .  

Angel Essayez

Adventuring Explorer

10,650 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50

iwillkillthee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 pm
alright I will be 100% honest with you on this....if you dye your hair too often or just dye it every few months like I do and straighten it every day like I have to(you can tell by my pic in my signature) it will dry out. Even if you use a protector which you always should. I used to have super long hair and for years I didn't straighten it or blow dry it or anything like that and it would still get dry. Finally I found the 2 main problems...
1. Washing it everyday will dry out your hair really bad. May I suggest a dry shampoo. It will keep your hair from becoming oily and you won't have to wash it maybe more than once or twice a week. Tresseme just came out with a dry shampoo. I have to use dry shampoo daily.
2. If you don't cut your hair cut/trimmed every few months your hair keeps going through the same proccesses(straightening) and dries out. I get my hair cut/colored every few months to keep it healthy. It is really soft even on the ends.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:12 pm
LEAVE IN CONDITIONER! I use Garnier Fruitisce Leave in Conditioner and it works wonders. My hair had the same problem. I swear by this stuff. smile Also, try switching heat spray. I very rarely straighten my hair at all because even with heat spray your curler/straighter WILL fry your hair and KILL it. So, ease up on the hardcore.  

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:13 pm
MissNightingaleCat
The best thing I have ever done to add moisture to my hair is use the garnier deep conditioner. I don't know if they have it where you are, but it looks like this and it's very reasonably priced, I highly recommend it.
Also, if you are always using heat styling it is a good idea to rub coconut oil in your ends to keep them moisturised and prevent split ends. Make sure you only put it on the ends though, 'cause otherwise it will make your hair too oily.
I wish I had a "like' button on Gaia like I do on Facebook!
Mine looks like this!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:19 am
Excessive heat and chemical processing just KILLS your hair. Even with sprays and such, it's still not always gonna prevent all the damage. Also, silicone products in shampoos and products can build up in your hair, making it dry. Try to find shampoos without 'cone products, though it's generally not an easy task. And if it's been a while since you last had a haircut, then go do it, trust me. Let the hairdresser take as much as they want, because they'll take off all the dead ends from your constant straightening. Turned my horrible straw-dry hair to freakin' silk in one visit.

You can also use masks, deep conditioning, etc.  

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items