Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
"They seem a somber lot" Shin goes Imperial Fists

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 am
And now it seems like I fell for the Marines, thanks Ultramarines the movie...

Strangely I'm not doing Ultrasmurfs, instead I went for the Imperial Fists 5th company, I have been thinking of starting Marines for a while now and going urban warfare, so I thought the Imperial fists would do great, plus yellow looks strikingly good on the battlefield!

To begin with I'm going to make this force to go hand in hand with Cities of Death, slowly growing into a complete company of 100 Battle-Brothers, ready this summer in time for an Apocalypse battle, theme: the Imperium vs Chaos.

That's all I got for now.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:15 am
Log

-::2011::-

1/2: Picked up some old Space Marine models, primed them and tested out painting an Imperial Fists model.

1/8: Started painting the yellow on the remaining 9 Tactical Marines and 1 Terminator Sergeant, which I almost finished painting.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 am
As it looks right now I won't be posting any pictures at the moment, but they will come sooner or later, the test-mini will get uploaded as soon at my camera will co-operate with me, but first... Tacos and a movie!  

Shinobi_8745

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:24 am
Good luck with the Imperial Fists Shin, I'm soon to be starting Red Scorpions myself, but I haven't decided on whether or not to attempt a full company yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:58 pm
Here's the test mini, not 100% finished, a mold line on his foot is to be removes and on his leg which I missed, and the base is still not finished, but in the end it'll be urban-like... I hope.

User Image

User Image

Chapter Badges will be handpainted.

The Squad marking will be re-painted with a thin-thin pen (or just removed, depends on how I feel about it).  

Shinobi_8745

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm
Cool test mini Shin 3nodding

What was the colour scheme for the yellow armour?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:04 pm
I started off with a Skull White prime, followed by a slightly watered down Iyanden darksun, then washed the model in ogryn flesh, then I painted iyanden darksun onto the model again, followed up by random drybrushing and highlights with 1:1 Iyanden darksun/bleached bone and sunburst yellow.  

Shinobi_8745

lord-kensington

Dapper Guildsman

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:39 pm
Nice paint job, I can never get the highlighting done well on my models.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 am
that's awesome! man i wish i hadnt primes over my imperial fists ... but the crimson fists needed their ranks bolstered... anywho! again great job i cant wait to see more! biggrin  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:01 pm
Still a warrior of Dorn, which is most important. wink

My younger brother is currently bolstering his own force of Crimson Fists, having the Black Reach box all painted up he's adding another unit of Black Reach Space Marines and 5 Scouts.

Me myself just got a Terminator Sergeant "finished", gotta paint his purity seal, add some heraldry to his shoulder-guard-shielf-thingy and the base.

User Image

I'm sorry for the bad light.

I'm allso in the middle of painting the rest of the tactical squad, but they won't be as well done as the first tactical marine since I'm out of Ogryn Flesh, but it doesn't matter, they'll be nice none the less I hope. pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 am
cant wait to see them, the termie looks good and i cant wait to see a group of them. i cant wait till i get a new computer so i can show y'all my CF chapter crying  

Inenor

The Black Messiah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:39 pm
Sweet paint jobs ma boy, and thanks for the tips. I've been trying to get that yellow down for ages, always end up with plastacine marines xD

Not that it matters, they just make nice bases for my Iron Warriors to stand on =)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:40 pm
Some pretty sexy stuff :3  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:38 am
Thanks guys~

I would love to post some more of these but I am still out of washes ATM and won't buy any until after next week, as I am off to warhammer world in a week.

Meanwhile I am painting a unit of dark eldar and skaven.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games