Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Bitchin' about my town. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snark Maiden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm
Ipswich, Suffolk... eh, there's alot of crime, animal waste and generally hostile folk, it's overly populated thanks to a boom in teen reproduction and immigration. There's a couple of night-time hotspots than tend to be crowded with the 'chav' generation of alcoholic louts.
I don't mind it here, it has it's good days when town center isn't full of jerks.
Or if you know the kind of people and places to avoid completely.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 pm
Well... the last time I wrote this I was a bit annoyed that day and just wanted to rant about anything. stressed

I guess my town is improving in some ways, we have a newly built secondary school and college which is cool but the town centre itself is dire.

Shops are closing left and right and I even heard rumours that Waterstones and HMV may be going into liquidation so there may be 2 more large empty shops in the highstreet. :/ We just need some decent shops like Primark. Yes it's cheap but that's what people like so that's why it's sucessful, plus they don't only do clothes but also homewares.

Some more "brand name" cheap/not so expensive stores are what's needed. No wonder Waterstones is going down. Why would I buy an audiobook from there that £17.99 when I could get it for like half price on Amazon?

What about your towns? Any of the "bigger" stores left yours? With mine it all started downhil when Woolworths closed...  

n o i r i s t

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200

Snark Maiden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 pm
Sounds like mine, but Woolworth's wasn't the first to go (our Woolies is now a giant Poundland, that doesn't need to be that big(, Zavvi went first here, then Woolies, then lots of little shops that all reopen as something else, do really well for a little while, then close to open up as something else.

We have an Apple store now. Ipswich has gone to the yuppy's. Although for a small town, we now have 2 Asda's, which seems to have lightened spirits as the new one is easier to get to, rather than having to go pretty much to the edge of town.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff