Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
My new fitness schedule :3 (I challenge youu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mckayla mannequinn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:09 pm
For every day until the end of January, I decided I'm going to exercise.
This is what I plan to do every *OTHER day, and I challenge you to do it too if you want smile

100 crunches
50 crunches w/ exercise ball
50 bicycles
80 cherry pickers
100 toe raises
plank for 1 minute
30 minutes of DDR, running, jogging, or something like that

I might be adding more in for me because I'm used to it.

*edit on December 31st  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 pm
Songs I listen to when I work out:

Shakira- Waka Waka

Katy Perry- Hot n Cold

The Veronicas- Untouched
The Veronicas- 4ever
The Veronicas- Take Me On The Floor

Kanye West- The New Workout Plan

Kesha- Take it Off
Kesha- We R Who We R

Taio Cruz- Dynamite
Taio Cruz- Break Your Heart

Britney Spears- Circus
Britney Spears- Stronger

Pussycat Dolls- Buttons

smile

mckayla mannequinn

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:47 pm
Just an FYI, exercising the same muscle groups two days in a row is going to be counter productive. If you really want to build up strength and tone, your muscles need at least one day of rest in between sessions. What you might do instead is alternate between core work (and make sure that each exercise is for a different muscle and that you're not doubling or tripling up) and arm/leg work. More is not necessarily better when it comes to fitness. Too much leads to burn-out and injury and you don't want either of those to happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:01 pm
Munkers
Just an FYI, exercising the same muscle groups two days in a row is going to be counter productive. If you really want to build up strength and tone, your muscles need at least one day of rest in between sessions. What you might do instead is alternate between core work (and make sure that each exercise is for a different muscle and that you're not doubling or tripling up) and arm/leg work. More is not necessarily better when it comes to fitness. Too much leads to burn-out and injury and you don't want either of those to happen.

I'm probably gonna change it up once I get my gazelle edge trainer this week. I'm currently working for more endurance than strength. But my trainer sometimes has my friend and I work on the same muscle for a week straight every day and then switch to a different one. This is only my second day of doing this workout. I know I won't be doing it tomorrow.

But I'm a skilled volleyball player, I can take a lot.

mckayla mannequinn

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 pm
mckayla mannequinn

Even skilled athletes need time to rest and recuperate. I'm curious about this trainer of yours. What's his/her background?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:34 pm
Munkers
mckayla mannequinn

Even skilled athletes need time to rest and recuperate. I'm curious about this trainer of yours. What's his/her background?

He helped my friend's aunt lose like 80 pounds last year. My friend's aunt found him at a local gym. He wasn't an employee but said he'd help her lose weight.

Sure enough she trusted him for whatever reason and he did help her. Of course, now he's going out with her.

I have no clue where he got his info and that's probably really bad in the long run.

mckayla mannequinn

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:26 pm
mckayla mannequinn
I have no clue where he got his info and that's probably really bad in the long run.

Yeah, I'd be a little worried in that situation. Best case scenario, you just don't make fitness gains as quickly as you could with a more sound approach. Worst case is you end up injured. sad  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games