song #1
  song #2
  song #3
  song #4
View Results

Tolora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNJzbs9G47Q

You don't have to comment on there, but please tell me which song you think I sing the best : D (I don't sing the whole song, just a verse of each song :3)

(you can move this if it's in the wrong forum >.<)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:17 pm
You know, you have a beautiful singing voice. Maybe I could recommend a couple songs for you to try?

- "Haunted" by Taylor Swift
- "Imaginary" by Evanescence
- "Anticonformity" or "Sweet Dreams" by Krystal Meyers

These were just some suggestions. A couple of these are more upbeat than the others, and some are a little slower. Just try them out and see which you think sounds better.  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Tolora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 pm
Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies
You know, you have a beautiful singing voice. Maybe I could recommend a couple songs for you to try?

- "Haunted" by Taylor Swift
- "Imaginary" by Evanescence
- "Anticonformity" or "Sweet Dreams" by Krystal Meyers

These were just some suggestions. A couple of these are more upbeat than the others, and some are a little slower. Just try them out and see which you think sounds better.

*blush* Thank you : D
Omgomgomg, Haunted is one of my favorites by Taylor <3 Maybe I'll sing it later and post it.
And I will defiantly check out the other songs, thank you !!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm
none of these songs are really right for your voice. you should try dropping your jaw and opening your throat for a fuller sound. and maybe try this song.(sorry it's bad quality) it's really fun. and you seem to sing in a lower range, so this song should be fine for you  

Cold Oktober

Tolora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Cold Oktober
none of these songs are really right for your voice. you should try dropping your jaw and opening your throat for a fuller sound. and maybe try this song.(sorry it's bad quality) it's really fun. and you seem to sing in a lower range, so this song should be fine for you

Awwe that is such a cute song! : )
Thank you for the suggestion!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:54 pm
[~+~]

You do have a sweet voice, but as the others have said, your voice doesn't really suit the songs. D:
Although i think with the fourth one you were more on track - so i'd suggest more along those sort of lines - maybe go with songs that involve people singing in a higher voice if that makes sense?
Like with Nobody's Home, Avril sings it in quite a low key in the verses, whereas, for example with Imaginary by Evanescence (as suggested by Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies), Amy sings the verses in a more high key, which would suit your voice more. :3

User Image

Empty Spiral

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm
I liked how your voice sounded in the first and last one, but I'm sorry to say I don't have any song suggestions for you. :/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm
Your voice is really cute :3
I liked all of them, but my favourite is probably Born for This ^^  

Dazed Poppet

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:19 pm
I really like number 4

you sing nice : )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 am
I feel like your voice lacks... feeling. Emotion. Right now it sounds like you're just singing the song, but it makes all the difference in the world when a singer feels the music, and expresses it through his or her voice. Florence and the Machine is a group I really like because it feels like she pours raw emotion into her voice. She's got a really unique sound, I think.
But then again, I'm no expert on music, so what do I know about any of this? XD

As the others have said, you do have a really nice voice. My favourite was the fourth.

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Tolora

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:43 am
These comments are really helpfull <3

And I'm glad no one's been mean, I was really afraid someone was gonna be mean xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm
You have a really nice voice naturally, but it's hard to stay completely on pitch when singing acapella. I'd Love to hear you sing with a backing track (there are heaps of free ones on youtube) and it will also help you put some more energy in.
I liked the Avril one best =)  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Tolora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 pm
Ohgod ohgod, I hate bringing old threads to life but I didn't want to start a whole new one but i did want to tell y'all about my new video. I'm singing in this one too ^^
Tell me whatchu think! :3

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Pointed Circles
Ohgod ohgod, I hate bringing old threads to life but I didn't want to start a whole new one but i did want to tell y'all about my new video. I'm singing in this one too ^^
Tell me whatchu think! :3

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

That style of music really suits you, you sound great =)
You really would sound so much better with a backing track though - solo acapella is tough and a backing track will keep you in time, on pitch (not that you were off much in your video) and make it more interesting to listen to.
I found a backing track for that song with a download link on youtube, maybe you could try singing with this?  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items