CatCAR

Trash Kitten

23,015 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:54 am
Calling all the Hunters out there!

So let's chat about Monster Hunter, probably the single biggest time sucker out there =p So let me start by posting my play time of all MH games I have played.

Monster Hunter Freedom - 645 hrs (stopped)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - 521 hrs (stopped)
Monster Hunter United - 1000+ hrs (and counting)
Monster Hunter Tri - 871 hrs (and counting)
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 89 hrs (and counting)

Totaling: 3126+ hrs - 130.25+ days - Approx 3+ months - 1/4+ of a year (lol before anyone asks I do have a life)

MH is probably the single best thing to happened to the PSP, the games is quiet unique and has a great learning curve to get use to. Probably the hardest of which drives casual players away is the lack of lock-on. But in my opinion he really don't need lock-on, if you can't be patient enough to slowly adjust your camera and plan the perfect shot then this game is probably not for you.

The thing I love about this series is you simply can't rush in head strong swinging your sword all over the place, you actually need to plan very carefully, set up traps and have a plan of attack which is quiet unique for essentially a hack and slash game.

I strongly suggest people to at least give this game a look, though the learning curve is difficult to get accustom to once you do the game really shines.

So anyways lets chat, I recently got Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and enjoying it (though deciphering Japanese has not been an easy task). Anyone else playing it right now and any of the other ones, I'm currently playing the most popular three which is Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Monster Hunter United and Monster Hunter Tri.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:47 am
Unfortunately I do not own any of the systems Monster Hunter is on (well other than a PC)...although I have many friends who loves the series and I have heard much about how good it is.

Also, I do know that they announced Monster Hunter: Frontier on the Xbox 360 which I will get if it comes out in the United States. As of right now it is only announced in Japan though ):  

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50

Shindo Kasawaki
Crew

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:57 pm
I only have united counting only over 144hrs. I felt i totally got my money's worth. There's so many quest that u can go on n all r pretty fun. The only monster that pisses me off is the Tigrex. Thing keeps jumping ever where n I have 2 wait so long b4 I can actually pull of a hit on it. I have a long sword type character with swords of all elements.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 am
I can't wait until Portable 3rd comes to the US (IT BETTER!) but right now I'm good with excessive hunting in the 2nd even if I have way too much! I'm really a hunting horn, bow, or dual swords kinda guy.  

Rinexe
Crew

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:45 pm
Holy crap. That's some amazing commitment you have there. 3nodding

I favor the lance as opposed to other weapons. I can hold my own with a greatsword/switch axe, but I generally tend to stray far away from the bulkier weapons. I love being able to dodge and strike quickly or be able to block an attack completely and be able to strike back immediately afterward.

Me and my sister tried playing with the bowgun. Yeah...it took us 10 minutes to kill a freaking Great Jaggi. She also died 3 times. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:22 pm
I play MHT too its the best for me right now lol i like the great sword and the long sword & the switch axe lol i runnin and cuttin lol Alot  

Shonenjj123

Hilarious Sleuth

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Playstation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items