Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Could use some serious help on this.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Hello everyone. My grandfather gave me an old photo of him and his age group from back in the 60s that he wanted me to recreate as a charcoal drawing. As you can tell from the link below, I am indeed having trouble with it. If someone could possibly give me any form of critique I would seriously appreciate it. Be as brutal as you want, I just want to do a good job for my grandfather.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/BuIbasaur/100_0076.jpg

Seriously, any feedback is appreciated if it's constructive. Thank you.

Also, if you need any other information don't hesitate to ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:55 pm
Perhaps make the eyes a little more symmetrical; they look a little lopsided right now. You could also stand to add a little bit of variation in the value of the shirt, especially in the folds. It's really great, though. heart  

jenna_flare

7,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am
Read the stickies before posting. This is a sketchbook forum. You get one thread.

I'll remove the old one for you this time.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 am
What an amazing example of the massive improvement it's possible to have in from one image to the next when you read what people say carefully, UNDERSTAND and apply it.

The fact that you made those adjustments in one image tells me that you'll internalize it pretty quickly and that you're on of those that have the potential to go from drawing like a child to teaching how to draw in the space os a year. Provided you keep doing as you're doing and don't let ego fog your path.

Hm, for the image, I think there's no a thing to say. You should get a pretty good grade on that. (You deem to have gotten a little lost on depth and form in the nose, but it's hardly something to worry about. You have plenty of time and classes that will focus on that.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:23 pm
Bumping my thread up.

I'll include my other work since this is a sketchbook thread once I am done with my current project.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games