Reply The Music Artists Guild
Official Vocalist Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lao-Tse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:01 pm
Th joys of being a baritone. To high to sing bass but to low to sing tenor lead. stuck here in the middle with some weird variation on the melody. Anyone here heard of Moses Hogan. I know he doesn't write solo stuff, but his choral pieces are awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:31 pm
I'm a studying classical singer (freshman majoring in vocal performance). I'm a soprano with a large range (around three and a half octaves), which means I'm occasionally put in the alto section of choir since my lower/middle range isn't so bad. I've only had lessons for about a year and a half, to be honest, which is something I regret a bit, but I hemmed and hawed a lot before deciding to go into music.

My goal is to work in opera. : ) I'm pretty much a Joan Sutherland fangirl. My dream job, like most aspiring opera singers, would be to work at the Met (just once, even!) and/or La Scala.  

Sionja

Gracious Genius

GSA for life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am
Thats cool. I just tried out for Governor's school of the Arts Saturday and I am Syched!! All of the teachers were smiling when i was done. I had to sing Caro Mio Ben in Medium-Low and Medium-High. Then they made me show my vocal range and they were impressed. apparently, i can go from barritone to some parts of saprano and i thought that was cool. They won't tell me if i got in though until May 15. That sucks. But i thought i did pretty good. I cant wait!!!!!!!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:46 pm
I am usually a soprano but my range can reach all the alto notes too...I sing in about 5 different choirs and I have been taking voice lessens for about 2 years now  

baby_beanie13

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:35 am
Kals is questing again!
Moses Hogan wrote some decent spirituals, mostly really easy and simple ones, but he had some messed-up complex arrangements also.

I'm a voice major in university, but I'm focusing more on choral singing at the moment.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm
I am a Vocal Performance major in college, and I have been in various musicals...It is my passion, and I hope to share it with the world when the time comes. I also sing for churches, and I love rock and pop.  

Aryana_99

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces