Shexyfeline92

Blessed Wench

9,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:15 pm
heart I loooove Rick Riordans fantasy books heart

I read all of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, but I haven't seen the movie yet. And I read the first books in his two new series. So I'm wondering if there are any other fan girls or boys who want to chat about Mr. Riordan or his books. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 am
Never read any of his work. I keep meaning to but ever since they made his book into a movie they've all been checked out of the library.

Did you see the movie? How did it compare to the book?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 am
I love his books too! I've also read all the Percy Jackson series, plus the Red Pyramid and The Lost Hero.

I have to say, I admire how his writing remains good even in the sequels, and the fact the new series have a flare of their own. He also plays around with ideas, and then brings them in in a way they make sense, like with the surprise in the Lost Hero.

@ Maze: No, the movie didn't compare. It failed, but in a way that was more similar to Ella Enchanted then Eragon; Eragon messed up on basically everything. I wouldn't have liked the movie if it wasn't based on a book I love, but because it was I couldn't stand it; I can't even watch it again and I think I blocked out most of it just because I hate it so much. xp Ella Enchanted could have been a cute little movie on it's own; it's liberty with all the details bothered me as a fan of the book, but I would actually watch it again. I just wish they would've called it something else and given characters different names, because it wasn't Ella Enchanted.
Percy Jackson was more like the latter.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 pm
I love his books too, but DON'T watch the movie! So many plot holes... So many... I was so disappointed. Then I made the mistake of watching it again and found even MORE plot holes!  

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

kr155300

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:13 am
the books have so much more details then the movie like when they are in the back of the animal truck it leaves all that out biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 pm
kr155300
the books have so much more details then the movie like when they are in the back of the animal truck it leaves all that out biggrin biggrin

That always happens but it's nice to revisit the books every once in a while. Plus there is the sequel series blaugh  

Shexyfeline92

Blessed Wench

9,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items