Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply WIP
Indigo's WIPs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IndigoNight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm
I usually post my WIPs in the WIP forum in Picture Post (and I do have this one in there atm too) buuut I thought I'd give this a try as I've been without a computer for a month and haven't been able to post. So....

Edit:

Sooo I'm usually terrible with getting through a painting anyway but my mom's Xmas prezzie is taking quite a bit of my time and I haven't had a whole lot of time to work. On top of that, except for two or three new paintings all my WIPs are in my now very dead laptop. So what's that mean to me as an artist? =] Touch up time!

I'll be taking arts in my gallery on dA and working on them some more to fit the level of skill I've got now.

Currently working on: My OC - Vendetta! Before and the WIP of After.

Other WIPs I'll get to eventually:
Vires and Chessa
Frozen Leaf Lake
Nyx
Trigun Fanart (Ugh...)

Feel free to comment/critique/redline any of them.

Notes on WIPs:
Vires (Veer-es) and Chessa is a drawing I've wanted to paint for a while but never had the knowledge on how to start. I'm not 100% happy with the skin tones but I'm not complaining either.

Frozen Leaf Lake is just a play with pastel-y colors and atmospheric perspective/weather effects =] I found out a brush I had simulated good snowflakes when set to scatter and whatnot.

Nyx is how I (sort of) imagine a character of mine when I listen to a part of a certain song; she's not angry enough on canvas though haha so I'll work on that--and again her crazy skin doesn't settle well with me.

Vash the Stampede in my style ;-; and the colors are terrible. I'm so used to painting dark colors I just failed here with the background and skin tones and...ugh. The hair. *Dies* Anyway, this drawing just started out on the corner of a piece of notebook paper I was writing on while I watched The Shining. I don't know what came over me but I was overcome with the urge to draw his eye, which turned into an eyebrow and a nose and the side of his face and some hair...till I had half his face. I uploaded it to my comp and started painting him "realistically" and this is what I haz. A bit of a failure IMO. Dunno if I'll get back to him or not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 pm
Very nice :3 Realism is hard, but you're really good at it~  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Quvi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 pm
Some things I can see right away are that the end of the eyes should line up with the corner of the nose vertically. I would move the left eye more to the right (make it bigger?). The position of the mouth makes it seem as though the face doesn't have much of a chin. I would raise the mouth a bit higher up. Something about how the hair is set up seems a bit off as well but I won't comment on that because it still looks like you're working on it. I don't THINK the nose should be pointing that much to the right, but I'm not too sure so I left it alone. Something about it doesn't look perfect, though.

What I do like, however, is how you've blended the colors throughout the whole piece. It's definitely one of the things I need to work on. You obviously have an understanding of how things work, but you can definitely push it further with getting all the smaller details right to make the proportions seem more real.

Attempt at Redline:

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 am
These are awsome! biggrin
I just started practicing semi-realism but my brushes are limited of course. i wish I had photoshop XD

Ayame Sunshine

IndigoNight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:27 pm
=O Thanks for the nice replies guys! =] I'll update soon-ish (hopefully)

Watergirl - Thanks! I'm happy you think so!

Quvi - Thanks for the redlines! I'm staying at my dad's for the weekend so I haven't been able to update it much but before I left home, I moved the nose and mouth a little closer to the left side--I'll fix the eyes and chin a little more to fit the new perspective; originally, she was supposed to be hardly facing us but I couldn't figure that out so she started facing the viewer a bit ore LoL. But again, thanks for the redlines ^^!

Oh! And if you're interested in how I've been learning to blend colors try watching this artist and this is another artist I would watch, though I, myself haven't gotten around to watching too many of them due to lack of a decent computer.

Ayame - Thanks! =O Cool! I'm not as great as it as I'd like to be, but if you ever need an extra eye let me know and I'll see if I can help. What program are you using now?

I'll update this piece once I can get to my computer again.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:57 pm
Updated!

IndigoNight

Quvi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:41 pm
Thanks! You bet I'll be checking them out now!

And the edit looks great! I think what's bothering you with the eyes are the incongruence of the two. The eyelids are heading toward different directions (One up and one down). I can see it looking much better if you change this (I like the left eye).  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 pm
Updated!

Quvi - You're welcome! I hope they help ya! OooOh! Thanks! I see what you mean. Oh, but, her left or ours? ^_^; Sorry it took so long to get back to ya o.O and I don't even have much of an update for that painting. I think once the holidays are over I'll be able to work on it a bit more.

IndigoNight

WIP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff