Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
Misery's Mentor Thread [I/III]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whispers of the Forsaken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:23 pm
Hello and welcome to my mentor thread.

I. About
Hi, I'm Amaya. I am an art student myself but I noticed there haven't been a lot of mentors lately and I would like to try and help with that. I took Art I-IV in high school and have taken Drawing I and II, Design I and II, and Intro to Graphics Design in college thus far. I have worked in almost all mediums, though I am stronger with drawing mediums than I am painting mediums.

Besides art I love music, videogames, comics, movies and books. I like to collect unique odds and ends, daydreaming, and learning. I have a soft spot for cute things, even though my heart is usually the spooky and bizarre. I have tons of original characters.

II. Availability and Gallery
I'm usually on at least once for at least a half hour for any given day unless there is some sort of emergency. I'm quite easy to get ahold of one way or another. My timezone is US Eastern.

My Gallery

III. What I Can Offer and What I Can't
Strengths: People, figures, humanoids, (some) animals, colored pencils, graphite, pens/ink, chalk pastel, markers, photography, photomanipulation, and help with the basics.

Weaknesses: Most painting mediums, oil pastels, plants, landscapes, and digital coloring.

Please keep in mind I am still a student myself and am learning more each semester. I feel I would work best with beginning to intermediate artists because I do not consider myself advanced or knowledgeable enough to do anything more than critique an advanced work here and there. I also work better with serious artists as opposed to hobbyists, because I take a more serious approach to my teaching.

I am still new to this so I will try to take three mentees to begin with and raise or lower the number as needed.

IV. What I Expect From You
-Respect.
-Dedication.
-Activity.
-Maturity.

V. Current Mentees
i. M41-TY
ii.
iii.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 pm
i would love o be a mentee biggrin im not very good i can only draw roses and eyes realy good :3  

DSDSlauren

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items