A guild created for gamers, by gamers. 

Tags: Gaming, Gamer, Video Games, Xbox, Playstation 

Reply Playstation
Demon Souls

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you've played the game, how hard would you say it is?
  OMFGWTFBBQ Hard!
  Moderately hard at best.
  Meh. Easiest game I've ever played.
  ARR!! POLL WHORE COMING THROUGH!!
View Results

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 pm
Alright! Time for a new topic!

Has anyone ever heard of or played Demon Souls?

Information Page

I particularly love this game because of its strikingly similar gameplay aspects compared to the Monster Hunter series.

I simply find satisfaction from taking down a boss that can literally kill you with 1-3 hits through normal human means and not having super 999999 damage attacks ruin the fun. All-in-all, I enjoy games that actually forces a player to utilize some skill in order to achieve victory.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 pm
I haven't played it yet but it is near the top of my want list (gotta get a ps3 first...) The ability to completely customize a character from gender to class is something that immediately draws me in to a game (FF anyone...) Can you give any more info about the game (no spoilers though please)  

RPDPudder
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 pm
Well for starters, if you're not used to being killed in less than 3 hits from a boss...I'd suggest you steer FAR from this game.

This RPG is a massive difference from RPG's like Final Fantasy 13. Your character/avatar is frighteningly realistic, and therefore VERY easy to kill. You'll need to learn to dodge at the right moments, time your guards and attacks, and most importantly, learn the enemies attack patterns. The game makes it clear to the player that your character/avatar is not some super powerful anime character like Goku who is nigh unkillable, but a normal human like every other that is fighting against demons. These demons are faster or stronger than your character in every way and the only thing keeping you from being torn to shreds is by planning strategies after each death.

Even the supposed small fry that you usually plow through to get to the boss are no push overs. You will run into situations where you are ridiculously outnumbered, face foes that use the shadows to hide themselves, ambushed from behind, flanked on both sides, sniped by unseen foes, and probably other things that I haven't witnessed yet.

This game MIGHT be easier to players who've played the Monster Hunter series because both of the games involve heavy usage of skill as opposed to stats. Sure, you can pump your characters/avatars HP stat all the way up, but it means nothing when you start your second consecutive new game where everything gets more HP + deal more damage. If you want all the trophies, you're going to have to play through the game more than once. If you want to get the most out of the game, you'll have to play through it more than once.

If you're one to easily get agitated from repeated deaths, this game is not for you. Heed my warning. You WILL die in the game. ALOT. Or not. I've only died a few dozen times and I've beaten about 4 bosses so far.

I tried my utmost best to refrain from spoiling the story at all so if I spoiled anything, I'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:07 pm
So instead of running headlong into a battle swinging swords and firing guns, one must come up with a more "health efficient" way of fighting. I play a lot of horror games so I'm used to bosses killing me in one hit. Trophies don't matter to me though I usually play through games countless times if I like them. I'll try it out as it sounds fun. Thanks for the info.

And you didn't spoil anything so don't worry.  

RPDPudder
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm
The battles around the stage will give a more heroic sense while the boss fights will simply have you running like mad or cowering in a corner somewhere plotting how to fight that insanely gigantic creature that won't stop it's relentless assault at you...despite the wall that separates you from it. Unlike most other games out there, getting hit even once is VERY bad. I remember being killed by two foot soldiers that flanked me unexpectedly. One hit me from behind, causing me to lower my shield and the one in front stabbed me like a meat sack with his spear.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:55 pm
all i got to say about this game is that is freaking HARRRRRRRRRD. like i get mauled every 2 seconds... some how i still play it tho. XD i just resently got it with a bunch of other games so i havent got far at all in it.  

Soa_Fugibyashi

4,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:59 pm
Lol, the trick would be to memorize the map and attack patterns. The rest is up to luck. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 pm
This is my favorite ps3 game along with White Knight Chronicles... I thought it was challenging the first play through .. even playing it for 2 yeas I still can barely get by the false king Allant in 1-5.. such a good game  

Rei of the Worens

Rinexe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:32 am
I can't wait until Dark Souls, considering it will also be on the X360.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm
I haven't played the game but ive played Monster Hunter 2 Unite n if its like anything like monster hunter, im going 2 need friends n ALOT of time. it's devilishy hard, well on the l8ter missions. U GET RAPPED BY 1 HIT NO MATTER WAT ARMOUR U HAVE!  

Shindo Kasawaki
Crew

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Metus Aquinas rolled 20 100-sided dice: 42, 33, 32, 91, 61, 7, 57, 64, 92, 81, 48, 65, 84, 40, 14, 78, 59, 98, 8, 80 Total: 1134 (20-2000)

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:15 am
Shindo Kasawaki
I haven't played the game but ive played Monster Hunter 2 Unite n if its like anything like monster hunter, im going 2 need friends n ALOT of time. it's devilishy hard, well on the l8ter missions. U GET RAPPED BY 1 HIT NO MATTER WAT ARMOUR U HAVE!

Yeah, Demon's Souls is very similar to Monster Hunter. Though, instead of beasts of impossible sizes, you have a variety of small, middle, and large demons to pit yourself against.

The game is short, but it gets harder and harder every time you beat the game. Having maxed out stats in this game isn't going to do s**t for you. The bosses will still eat you for snack.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 pm
You know, this game had the potential to be really enjoyable, but the ******** brutal punishments (I die once and I lose half of my health bar? ******** you.) maimed and eradicated any sort of fun the game provided. The punishments were so damn detrimental that I traversed the dungeons in total fear of running into a booby trap or getting swarmed by inexorable amounts of enemies in a tight, inescapable corridor (or staircase). ******** this game and its bullshit.  

Evataph

Playstation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff