Welcome to Gaia! ::

TZM Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Zeitgeist Movement on Gaia for all Gaian supporters and activists of TZM and RBEM. 

Tags: zeitgeist, movement, venus, project, economy 

Reply Junk Heap
A(nother) conversation on TZM & TVP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:12 pm
This is a test run...

The Zeitgeist Movement & The Venus Project

I've been doing what I can to read through the forums at all the TZM & TVP posts but, I'm afraid to say I've given up. There is SO much trolling and misinformation across the board that it would take a life time get through and reply to it all!

Aside from this new thread, I WILL be trying to reply to all the old but, lets' start anew, shall we? There are a few steps to take when discussing TZM & TVP, they are listed on the Front Page of my Guild, TZMGaia. TZMGaia, for those interested, is actualy an 'official' sub-chapter of TZM Virtual.

Now, just to set one thing streight right quick for anyone thinking about argueing the movies, Zeitgeist and Zeithgeist; Addendum; the movies are in fact nothing more than the artistic work of Peter Joseph and Peter Joseph alone. They are no more relevent than any other movie. So please try to refrain from berating TZM and TVP because of your greviences towards the movies they hold no relevence whatso ever.

That being said, step 1 actually is in fact to watch the movie Zeitgeist: Addendum. This is simply because it is a good reference to the monetary system and the Venus Project. It also dispplays the importance of the symbiotic and emergant nature of all things; one of the most important support collumns of TVP.

It is easily understandable that some feel they don't need to watch Addendum or perhaps disagree with the various topics discussed. In such a case, view the Activist Orientation Project and/or read the Orientation Guide PDF (Steps 2 & 3). I can't imagine many questions after that but, some people have them and this is why I am here! Please note that these steps are just recomendations; they are not any sort of indoctrination. I personaly feel that in order to realy have an inteligable conversation on the movement or The Venus project, it's imperitive that the Orientation is understood.

So, lets discuss!

I am actually a local coordinator with the movement and, having found a home here on Gaia for the past 6 years or so, feel that the movement could use some representation here. Just about every community site you can imagine has a Zeitgeist following, why should Gaia be any different? Personally, screw those other sites, Gaia is my home!

One of the hardest parts to get people to understand when talking about the movement is it's vast support base. The Zeitgeist Movement has over 500,000 supporters across the globe. After his world tour this past year however, I'm sure Jaqcue has made that number jump even higher! The movement is not some silly little group of friends that got together and want to fight against the man. It is a fully organized and world-wide movement that calls for change on a global scale. And we are getting it. It should be noted that this movement is only 2 years old, only being formed after the movie Zeitgeist: Addendum was released. However, the ideals proposed are much older, Jacque himself having spent his entire life dedicated towards helping all of humanity with The Venus Project.

Are you interested in helping out humanity against poverty, starvation, homelessness, and oppression?

Are you fed up with crime, war, pollution, hate, fraud, corruption, terrorism, suffering, division, and fear?

Do you that something is wrong in the world around us and just...can't figure out what it is?

I urge you to check out the Orientation Guides and lets discuss the matter here on Gaia. Lets make Gaia a second home for supporters of the movement to find other like-minded individuals to be with and have a good time.

~Tyrae  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:10 am
The post is okay to post for a discussion in ED. It is quite good.  

Aerlinniel I

7,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:54 am
Dark Aerlinniel
The post is okay to post for a discussion in ED. It is quite good.

Awesome, thanks for checking that out for me. -)  
Junk Heap

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games