Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:40 pm
Ok so i think a 2 or so weeks ago i got my bamboo tablet, with the whole fun package lol
it also came with the ummm corel paint essentials;
so i installed the tablet and I was going to install the corel paint essentials and for some strange reason it didnt work, I forgot what it said but i kept trying and it just idk wouldnt install. It was late like 12 at night so i said screw it im off to bed lol
and i forgot all about it but than just today i remebered about it and i really wanna try it out but like i remebered it didnt work so i thought maybe I could ask some of you guys.
I dont know if this is an appropiate place to ask this question but im desperate v_v;;

also just an fyi;my laptop is a dell inspiron
just incase this info is in any way helpful lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 am
I have a bamboo tablet too, and I'm pretty sure it only works with certain computer progams...like if you have Windows XP or something, it should work.
It should have worked though to install. If it has and you simply need the password key thing to use it, that's somewhere in the box you got the tablet in.... :I
I had some issues too.  

June Malatesta

6,450 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Whispers of the Forsaken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am
@June-I use an intuos with both windows XP and 7 and it works in every program. Bamboo should too.

@OP-More details please. Wouldn't work how? What error message did it give you? How many times did you try? Are any of your security softwares getting in the way of the install?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 am
There's a certain list of programs it works with. It wouldn't work with ones from the turn of the century or something. I think the minimum was windows 7.  

June Malatesta

6,450 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 am
Oh it doesnt work with some programs o.o
I have windows 7,
and Imma like directly quote what it said I tried it again this morning and copied down what it said:
''Error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file D:English/Videos.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust.''
Thats exactly what it said and I wish i understood it
gonk im not very good with high tech stuff so so yeah emo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:32 am
I guess i'll never get to try out corel painter emo

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Whispers of the Forsaken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm
Sorry for the late reply, holidays and junk. It sounds like the windows anti-piracy detector is going haywire on your program. I had this happen on a legit game of mine once and it was a pain to get around. Your best bet is to send a message/complaint to microsoft and tell them the system has a bug. You will have to also verify you have a legal copy of the software for them. You are not the only one getting this issue though. I read other people are having problems with similar programs.

Edit: Nevermind, fiancee (thank god for techie fiancees) found this for you:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/thread/8ee2842a-32f4-4b6c-a802-4bb7bf637c6e

Though this problem is more common with vista.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm
M is for Misery
Sorry for the late reply, holidays and junk. It sounds like the windows anti-piracy detector is going haywire on your program. I had this happen on a legit game of mine once and it was a pain to get around. Your best bet is to send a message/complaint to microsoft and tell them the system has a bug. You will have to also verify you have a legal copy of the software for them. You are not the only one getting this issue though. I read other people are having problems with similar programs.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/thread/8ee2842a-32f4-4b6c-a802-4bb7bf637c6e

Oh so I should just report the problem to windows, but how do I do that o.o
There isnt really an option button for reporting and error when ever I try to install it xT and the proof of me having the legal copy wont be an issue I have the disks still and the box lol I keep everything for emergencies such as this one ^^

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Whispers of the Forsaken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 pm
xx_insertcoolnessHERE_xx
M is for Misery

There isnt really an option button for reporting and error when ever I try to install it xT and the proof of me having the legal copy wont be an issue I have the disks still and the box lol I keep everything for emergencies such as this one ^^

All I can say is try following the steps on the link I sent. They seem to be a better idea and faster than contacting the company. If it still doesn't work after that, go to microsoft support and report it to them. Their OS is what is disabling the authentication, not the software itself. The company might not be able to do anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:37 pm
M is for Misery
xx_insertcoolnessHERE_xx
M is for Misery

All I can say is try following the steps on the link I sent. They seem to be a better idea and faster than contacting the company. If it still doesn't work after that, go to microsoft support and report it to them. Their OS is what is disabling the authentication, not the software itself. The company might not be able to do anything.

Yikes so much work o.o
weeeell i'll give it a shot thanks x3

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash