Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
excercise

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:27 am
Is it true that if you do one excercise for too long, your body will adapt to it and stop losing weight?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:06 am
Yes that's true. You have to change up your exercise routine every so often to prevent your body from hitting a plateau.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

insanetics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:12 am
What if you hit a plateau while exercising, then you stop exercising for a while in order for your body to adjust and stay at its weight, then start exercising again? Will you begin to lose weight again, despite having been at a plateau before?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 am
That's a good question, I've never tried to lose weight in the past so I've never reached a plateau. Muscle memory is a factor, so yes, theoretically you could lose some weight, then stop exercising to maintain weight, then exercise again. It took me about 3 months to lose 20 lbs and running was a big help....but I haven't ran for a few months now because of school. So I suppose my body is "getting used" to the lack of exercise. When I start running again, it'll shock my body and I will lose weight again. If I had continued running the same way, then my body would have probably hit a plateau. Currently, I'm just watching what I eat. Eating small portions with out very much exercise still helps me lose 1 pound a week. Heh I really gotta start running again cuz I was losing something like 2-3 pounds a week.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games