Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 27. ✿ - - - Girls
I do NOT want to be her friend! (Feel free to comment)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queen ninty

Sparkly Gekko

4,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm
Most people see me as happy and friendly. There is one girl in my grade, let's call her Sue.

We're in choir together. She sits next to me. Does everybody understand so far? Okay, she spends her time drawing when we should be singing, and even now, when it's crunch time, our concert's next Monday, she just sits there drawing when she should be singing. This gets me kind of mad. There have been three conversations between us where I expressed myself.

CONVO 1
(ChoirDirector playing piano, choir singing)
(I glance over in the rests, Sue's drawing.)
Sue: I already have our music memorized.
Me: It'd be nice if you sang the right notes, then.
-PAUSE-
Sue: Oh, I'm doing that on purpose.

This really got me ticked. I just looked at her with disbelief at her stupid excuse.

CONVO 2
(Sue's drawing once again.)
(Hits arm) Me: Hey, come on! Sing! I don't want our section to blow it because you're not paying attention!

I was a jerk, I'll admit.

CONVO 3
(I'm ignoring Sue.)
Sue: Are you mad at me?
-pause- (She reaches to touch my arm)
Are you mad at me? Or do you hate me?
(reach for my arm)
(I pull my arm up past my face.) Don't touch me.
(Turns to other girl, Clarice, let's call her. I don't even think Clarice cared.)
She hates me.

This was just today.

She INFURIATES(Good word, eh?) me! I was nice to her, fifth grade, and now she thinks we're BFFL. No. Just, no. Yes, I know I'm a jerk.

Comments?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:23 pm
Talk to the director and request that she not sing if she doesn't participate in rehearsal?

DOMOs Kender child

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 pm
Um, there's a clarinet in band like this.
But the band director flipped out at her...and now she focuses and plays well.
So honestly, your director should be doing something about her drawing addiction..
especially if it's effecting her performance.

On a side note: ensembles need friendships, not drama.
Drama and arguing and fighting and
"I DON'T LIKE YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND"
are unnecessary.

A few years ago our band program had majorly skilled soloists
but no one really liked each other, so we weren't that great as an ensemble.
But it's been like a family this year, and though we lost a lot of great players to AP classes and such (le sigh!) we've improved a ton because we're all really close and actually listen to each other.

Same for sports, too. Swim team is always, always better when team mates are close, even if half of us aren't that great! This is especially, especially important for relays...

BUT ANYHOW;
Be friends with your ensemble-mates
even if they drive you crazy sometimes. xP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 pm
Um I think your better of acquaintances! Not everyone needs to be your friend you know?

Fruity Bootie

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm
I know how you feel. I got people trying to be my friend all the freakin' time, but then I tell them to stop asking 20 questions and leave me alone  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:20 pm
Ah yes. I have quite the same problem.
You're not a jerk, just a person with some really annoying classmates ^_^

In my band class, there's a guy named Colton. We're both in Drumline. He gets on my every nerve. He's perverted (so help us, that boy should not be given drumsticks D:< ) he's rude, he's self-centered, he's obnoxious, he's just... him! Instead of not playing at all, he plays way too much! In our part, we're going very fast, but then there's a ritardando and we slow down a lot. He doesn't think that's very "exciting and blood pumping!" so he decided to give himself a little drum solo, putting everyone off tempo. It messes me up, then other drummers, then auxiliary percussion, then brass, then woodwinds, and it all goes downhill. He thinks that's hilarious. He, as you say, INFURIATES me! Buuut... he thinks we're best friends, like your problem, yes? I try to give him hints but he won't catch on.
The best thing to do, is act uninterested without hurting their feelings. Don't spark up an interesting topic. Just say "Mhhmm..." and "Yup. I gotcha..." and nod your head and zone out.
You can put in some fiesty somebacks (as you did) and it'll be alright. I do that with Colton all the time too. Give 'em the hint that you don't hate them (but it's fine if you really do), you just really don't want to hang out with them.
Bottom line, though: DON'T change yourself! If you hate her enough, avoid her completely. Don't try to be someone she hates so she could get away.

hiogirl

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:12 pm
I have two girls in my class, sort of like that. The ones who are REALLY annoying, but they think they're your friend, so you have to deal. :I

I say try to be nice, and get through the rest of the school year. In a job, you're going to have to deal with people you don't like, so why not start dealing now rather than later? C:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm
For your matter, maybe she actually remembers all the stuff and will actually do it later because of that reason. unless she tanks it then you have all the right to blame it on her!
I'd ignore her, which reminds me of three people in my class like that. Except they arn't artsy or anything like that. They're just...i cant describe it.
here's one which I despise on a higher base:
Let's call her WannaBeGoth:
WannaBeGoth likes to talk about death at the worst times! Like when we're talking about projects we're going to do, like our teacher has a cool idea for a show and Teach thing, anyway she said "Can I talk about death?" Or "Can I kill something?" and she says how her uncle died and how her grampa died and we always answer we know! They die!
it was going on for like the whole year!! She doesn't even look goth! She smiles way to much and overreacts! Like when something somewhat suprising happens she opens her eyes wide and moves her head back and wears brightly coloured clothing and...it's simply infuriatingly exhausting. She acts like my friend though even though I've told her specifically im not!!

Anyway that doens't help your problem, just really felt like saying that.  

ade4

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items