Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Tempting ways to cook tempeh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kayei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:15 pm
I've only cooked tempeh 2 different ways, and am looking for other yummy ways to cook tempeh (vegan style).

I used it in a mock chicken salad (from a book that I believe is called Vegan Comfort Food), and it did not set well with my stomach--or my taste buds. Maybe I just didn't steam it long enough.

Now, I absolutely love tempeh tacos, and prefer that as my taco-base. And strangely enough, I never steam it before I fry it when I make tacos and it still tastes great.

I still have one package of tempeh I haven't used, and am looking for a new way to use it...any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:14 pm
A way that my aunt Mickey recommended to me was that you could grill them with a teriyaki glaze. Never tried it, but it sounds good to me. She uses them in tacos, similar to what you do, but I imagine they could go in almost anything you want!
Have fun cooking, and let me know how it goes!  

winnlovesyou

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 am
I've been reading about tempeh and it sounds amazing! I can't believe I haven't tried to cook some yet. We have a vegan restaurant in my county so I'm hoping to try some there.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games