A guild created for gamers, by gamers. 

Tags: Gaming, Gamer, Video Games, Xbox, Playstation 

Reply Playstation
Final Fantasy Tactics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you prefer using Ranged classes as opposed to Close Combat classes more or vice-versa?
  Ranged Classes
  Close Combat Classes
  ARR!! POLL WHORE COMING THROUGH!!
View Results

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:59 am
Yes, I know there is already a Final Fantasy topic, but I wanted this particular topic to focus on only one of the games.

If you have played this game before then you should have your own favorite set-up when it comes to battles.

I remember doing the item duplication glitch and duplicated Excalibur. Then I went ahead and got all my non-generic characters Dual Wield and slapped them into Knight class with various second skills for flexibility. Sometimes for the hell of it, I'd just throw in two of my chocbos for some epic mounted combat. 3nodding

So what would your favorite class, skill, generic character, map, battle formation, strategy, etc be?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:10 am
class:ninja or lancer
skill: jump, item, white magic, black magic,guts
generic character: knights and algus
map:the plains that you can play in the beginning
formation: usually like a table
strategy: have the lancers move forward jump and have ramza move forward and maybe cast a magic, also have two in the back cast prep magic

i like collecting the chests and stuff from dead enemies and on the last boss lancers are very useful and can do a lot of damage and hit like almost any part of the map knights are very useful for chasing your enemy  

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 pm
I've never played the Tactics series, so I know very little about it. Am I allowed to watch and occasionally jump in and ask nooby questions?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:30 pm
Shizuka Mizu
I've never played the Tactics series, so I know very little about it. Am I allowed to watch and occasionally jump in and ask nooby questions?

Sure thing! If you've played any other turn based strategy game, you should be familiar to many aspects of the Tactics series.

I still remember when I first started Final Fantasy Tactics on me PS1. I could not get past the second battle because I didn't know I had to use the R1 or L1 buttons to select my team and just charged into battle with my main character. I was about 10 or 11 years old at the time. Gave up on the game for a few months and came back to it after I finished another game. BLAM! I noticed the usage of R1 and L1 button usage. Never looked back again. 3nodding  

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wolfy546

Clever Wolf

11,600 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 pm
i played it and well every final fantasy after it was prity much the same my tacktes evoled sligtly but one i got ether dragon slayer or dragon class i wold domante using thir jump and lancer abilitys i never realy used guner or somoner i think thats what the class was i havent played in so long last time i did i emulated it  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:03 pm
I've played this game before, and I love it. I had the original copy for PS, and then later on I got WotL for the PSP. I remember when I first fought against one of the Lucari (that is what they are, right? Haven't played in forever sweatdrop ). Kept casting Bioga and putting troublesome status effects. I almost cried when i first beat him lol.

Class:Ninja

Skill: Vehemence (Beowulf's ability)

Generic Character: Delita or "Thunder-god" Cid

Map: Umm.... either Mandalia Plains or the Siege Weild for level grinding/ability grinding.

Formation: usually in a T or a small C

Before I post my strategy, I'd like to post my team.

Ramza: Lv 63 Ninja
-Throw
-Items
-Shirahadori
-umm.... I forget
-Move+2

Balthier: Lv 65 Sky Pirate
-Piracy
-Arts of War
-blank
-blank
-Move+2

Lv 61 Black Mage
-Black Magicks
-Time Magicks
-blank
-Half MP
-Lifefont

Beowulf: Lv 63 Templar
-Whatever his ability was called... Templar Skills?
-Items
-Counter
-blank
-Move+2

Lv 59 Chemist
-Items
-Time Magicks
-Auto-Potion
-blank
-Move+2

My usual strategy is to have Ramza rush in and hit the most dangerous/closest enemy and OHKO it, then Balthier would follow and use Barrage on the next enemy, either killing it or putting it in Critical Hp and making it run away.

Beowulf would put enemies to sleep/disable/Chicken enemies, while my Black Mage would use Flare on the enemy afflicted by Beowulf's abilities previously.

Finally, my Chemist kinda picked off enemies left alive with Guns, or healed when necessary.

If my Mage or Chemist wasn't preoccupied with healing/nuking, they used Haste on Ramza, Balthier and Beowulf to speed up the process.  

arompofotters

Distinct Seeker

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:41 pm
Oh, I seem to prefer Sweegy Woods for grinding. Perhaps it's the fast tempo music that plays sometimes gets me going for hours, lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 am
I want to get the PSP version. Its only $10 and I hear the storyline has been improved and follows the original script.. o.o; I bought my PSP basically just to play re-released PS1 classics. o_o FF7, Valkyrie Profile.. >D I need Tactics.. this game put tactical RPGs on the map like how FF7 made RPGs big.

And I like close range combat. Its more fun with the counter attacks and direct attacks. >D Plus when you KO somebody.. I love the way they wail as they drop.  

Last Showdown

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Last Showdown

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 am
I just started replaying the original for PS1 because I just learned about the 9999 JP glitch to master skills instantly and wanted to test that out. XP Everyone on my team has had auto potion from like the 2nd battle. Used to abuse that Excalibur duplication thing. Just got the PSP version but the text size and lag is ridiculous. I need to try to see if it looks better if I plug it into my TV.  
Playstation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games