Methos Does It Again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:56 am
OK. Been gone again for a while. Working the graveyard shift at IHOP sucks, struggling to make progress with an acting career sucks, trying vainly to support a wife and two kids at minimum wage sucks, you get the picture.

Was starting to stress a bit, and decided I needed an escape to help calm myself. So I'm watching the Highlander episode "Chivalry" instantly on Netflix, and was greatly amused by Methos disarming Duncan and telling him what an idiot he is for not killing Kristin. That's my old pappy. mrgreen

Yeah, so I figured why not come back and see if Methos is still around to cause trouble with and harass...and of course reconnect with all my guild buddies too.

PS - Duncan's an idiot. Willingly giving up your sword to the worlds oldest Immortal who makes no secret about having no problems cheating if it means he stays alive. I have to agree with my esteemed teacher on this one, "How have you lived so long?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:33 am
Sorry to hear about your job woes, that's always hard.

Two kids? Last I remember reading there was one, a little girl, I can't remember her name sorry. Congratulations on the second child, however late I may be on the uptake.

I still hover about, don't get on too terribly often, mostly lack of anything to do, too many teenagers running about on Gaia anymore to get on the public forms.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:54 pm
Heh...believe me, I know the feeling. To be perfectly honest, were it not for this and one or two other guilds out there, I probably wouldn't bother. smile

and yes, it's two kids now. I don't remember how long I've been away this time, but ashley/Captain Fleatch had Zoey back on September 17th. Kaylee is slowly getting used to being a big sister, and things are good in that area so far.

As for the rest, I'll probably moan and groan about the economy and jobs now that I'm here again, so there will be plenty of time to catch up. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:55 pm
I check in from time to time, still lazily posting in the QuickenCon thread with Kratos -- Please feel free to jump in, people!

In defense of Duncan -- 'cause I loves me some big ol' Scot -- Duncan knows people well. He actually knows me better than I know myself. He knew he wasn't in any danger from me.

But he learns fast, too. He didn't like me schooling him, and the only time he's ever handed me his sword since was when he actually wanted me to kill him.

Watch "Deliverance" and you'll see ME do something incredibly stupid. Okay, a LOT of really stupid things. But the one I mean involves handing a clearly insane Duncan his father's sword while my arms are too trapped to pull my own.

Seriously. Stupid.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 am
I'll be getting to "Something Wicked" and "Deliverance" next...I'm going out of order, but I just finished "Comes a Horseman" and "Revelations 6:9" recently. Pretty powerful two parter, though I felt sorry for Silas. He didn't seem so much evil as taken advantage of and influenced badly by Kronos. Poor old lummox...

As for QuickenCon, I'll review a bit before I jump back in. Gotta get our RPs going again. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm
I was thinking about trying to join the QuickenCon thread but I didn't want it to be all confusing with so many people *shrug*  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:03 pm
But confusing is fun. :0  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:35 pm
Join in! We're all confused, so you can't do any worse!! pirate  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

The Gathering: A Highlander Fan Guild