Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Long-Term, Serious Writer Wanted for 1X1 Fantasy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Zodikosis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 pm
(I hope I have not double posted. I do not recall posting a thread in this guild yet. I hope this is appropriately placed. If not, mods, please feel free to redirect.)

Hello, I am looking for a collaborative writer. I have a rather long, complex, involved, plot line set up for a story that involves the Artemis Fowl Universe and vampires (not sparkly, more or less like the Anne Rice vampires). To anyone who is interested, you can access the plot summary (it's rather lengthy) here . To anyone who really craves a richly constructed and heavily involved story of this nature, this might be for you. I need someone to play Artemis and any other characters they wish to play, as well as OCs of their own creation. Note that the plot outline provided is a general guideline and not a script; it is subject to change as often as we both see fit. Remember, I want this not to be just my rp, but also yours as well. Contribution and involvement is key. I don't just want actors.

I do have a few rules. First, I need well-thought out responses. I'm not going to give a word minimum or whatever, but you should really want to contribute something to the rp in your posts. Use rich language and build on the plot line, develop your characters into multi-dimensional beings who change and struggle, laugh and cry, love and hate, etc. So many people out there merely ask for "No Mary-Sues" but then put out really one-dimensional characters which technically aren't Mary Sue but aren't very interesting, either.

Have a commitment to the rp. I really do not like to frequently remind people to post. It makes me feel like a nag. But it also annoys me when people disappear, especially when our rp is really good. Be available to rp at least 3-4 times a week. I really don't think that's asking a lot. Trust me, I know all about having a life. I'm a Thespian and a serious student as well. I've got college apps to do and friends to go hang out with. I have a job. But when I say I am committed to an rp, I go out of my way to make time in the busy work day to at least give one response. I would very much like to find someone who is similarly committed. I like to think of rping as writing a story together, not just killing time and acting out fantasies, an activity that can be dropped any time without any warning.

This rp is not centralized around romance, although there is potential for significant romance, both mxf and mxm, in this rp. However, the main focus will be on the action plot and on the relationship dynamics between the characters, which most of the time will not be romantic.

Although the plot will generally focus around the perspectives of Artemis and my OC, Ales, there will be several other prominent characters involved. This is not a "single" or "double" character rp, it is a multi-character rp. Please be able to handle many characters and be able to shift focus to different characters when appropriate.

Please PM me or email me at lemon_demon411@hotmail.com if interested.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 pm
good luck!

i wish i knew more about Mr. Fowl, but alas, i do not.  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

The Friends of English Magic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces