Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
If my hermit doomed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am
So recently I found myself missing the "old days" of maple and decided to move my very first character to my current server.
Having been my first character, it is very, very old. So old, in fact, that it predates the whole dexless/lowdex build concept.

So, I have 126 BASE dex. I have upwards of 200 dex with equips... Is this going to negatively effect my damage/playing? Greatly? I hit about 5k per star with lucky 7, at lvl 90, and I have no idea what is even normal for a hermit at my level.
Resets are not really an option due to the expense, so I just wanna know if this character is ok, or if I should give it up and go back to my evan before I get made fun of too hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:48 pm
ninja Well...sorta...i mean the reg base dex should be at least 120 and dex equips can help. But it's no prob, an ap reset or just keep your first char.  

Dr4G00n Ud1n

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:37 pm
If you take into consideration that those stats were 'normal' back then, you will be having an old-school experience. While you will not be optimal, you will probably be able to train.

With your damage lower than what is currently considered normal, newer monsters will probably be a difficult target as well as trying to find a party (if they happen to notice your damage range).

I would call it more of a challenge to overcome then a total death.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 am
Well, I don't think anyone will know what normal is for a hermit. I play Yellonde, and have yet to see another hermit my level. Usually just see a couple NL's chilling in fm, if even that.
I have ok equips, been trying to find more &#xlu;k stuff to make up for it. So far have a 3&#xlu;k top and 3&#xlu;k scar (I know I should get a targa but the scar was free), 14atk wg, 5atk pac and 2atk fs. I expoded my pants, tho ._.  

We Have A Winnar

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff