Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!
Any good books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sundialler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 pm
I can't find any good books...
The only books i found interesting were Holes, The percy jackson series, harry potter, and that's like it...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 pm
I love the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series by Katherin Lasky...one of the best series ever!! I loved them before the movie came out (which I haven't seen yet...). But, yeah. Try them out! Also...I have a roleplay guild of it. It's called Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Rise of the Silver Moon. Check it out!  

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

sundialler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 pm
VampireGuardianOfRavens
I love the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series by Katherin Lasky...one of the best series ever!! I loved them before the movie came out (which I haven't seen yet...). But, yeah. Try them out! Also...I have a roleplay guild of it. It's called Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Rise of the Silver Moon. Check it out!

=o
I will, and thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:23 pm
It depends on what you like to read I like:

-The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
-Wither by Lauren DeStefano
-Another Faust by Daniel and Dina Nayeri
-Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brian

and my friend wrote Prismatic Fyre(self published) so if you have some money, i can lead you to that book. I haven't had a chance to personally read it, but it sounds good and everyone that I know have read it, have loved it.

I'm a librarian assitant, so if you tell me what type of books you're into, I can probably point you in the right direction(and in a better one than me just listing stuff)  

Amaise

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm
You should read The Hunger Games series, they are really good. Also Mercedes Lackey is a good author, she writes fantasy kind of stuff with mages and heralds and stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 pm
-StarDoc by S.L. Viehl. This series of ten books with three auxiliary books following a Terran doctor, who just so happens to be a clone.[Not a spoiler; Cherijo makes that clear rather quickly in the first book.] She practices medicine while trying to escape her father/creator.

-The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. This follows Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard. Each book so far is a different case file. As of current, there are 12 novels, with a 13th currently slated to be released in June. There is also a book of pertinent short stories, some more stories that are not in said book, and a related RPG that was partially written by Butcher.

-Weather Warden by Rachel Caine. Joanne Baldwin is a Warden, a secret worldwide group of people who can control the elements. Joanne's specialty is weather, and she tends to be the middle of trouble. There are nine of ten books in this series (I can't remember which) along with an auxiliary series which I have yet to read.

-Abarat by Clive Barker. This series follows Candy Quackenbush of Chickentown, MN, as she travels into a not-quite-parallel world. As of current, 2 books out of a total 5 have been published. The current release date of the third book is this September, but it has been pushed back several times already due to publishing delays. I do recommend reading the versions with the author's accompanying paintings.

Kitarka Arastis

Familiar Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

TheKawaiiOtaku

Romantic Gaian

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm
Maximum ride series.
Book one is called The angel experiment.
AWESOME series very easy to get attached and into the minds of the characters and it throws you into the plot as if your involved..

Another good series, The looking glass wars
It's another version of alice in wonderland that is very unique.

Also look for a series by a man named Kennenth Oppel (I think) if I'm right the first book is airborne, also brilliant series.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:24 pm
You should definitely read The Hunger Game series by Suzanne Collins, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, the Gone series by Michael Grant and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon. All are wonderful books. I`m in the book club at my school and all of these books were read and discussed in our club^^  

plexxrominus

Friendly Giver

Paula_Kuro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:35 pm
The mortal insturments i loved that seires and the new book i wish i could find a RP on it though also who cares about Edward or Jacob GO JACE AND SIMON !!!! @_@  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:12 pm
I tend to lean towards realistic fiction and these are some rfs + Misc that I've really liked.
-The Lottery Rose
-A Separate Peace
-City of Bones/Ashes/Glass
-Maximum Ride
-Coffeehouse Angel
( And, reread harry potter biggrin )  

The White Lily

Welcoming Sophomore

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Citizen 200

gracefultunes

Fashionable Survivor

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 am
The Infernal Devices [ Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess( Not out yet) ] by Cassandra Clare, it's a trilogy and a prequel to the Mortal Instruments series.
Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy. I love it. It also has about 6 books right now.
Both are fantasy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am
I personally love the Shannara novels (fantasy) written by Terry Brooks.
Or try out The Sword of Truth novels by Terry Goodkind (also fantasy)

Sekyla

Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games