PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:37 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Nature vrs. Nuture....
Yep, thats pretty much it.

Why do you always get the last word? xd You will respond to this, of course, and again have the last word.

Grilled peppers, mediteranian style.

I always get the last word in, as a psychological tactic, you get the last word in, on an argument in a forum, then anyone new to the discussion will take your point as the more serious one. smile

I see what you are saying.
Lol, see, I'm a master of socio-political manipulation.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:48 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Nature vrs. Nuture....
Yep, thats pretty much it.

Why do you always get the last word? xd You will respond to this, of course, and again have the last word.

Grilled peppers, mediteranian style.

I always get the last word in, as a psychological tactic, you get the last word in, on an argument in a forum, then anyone new to the discussion will take your point as the more serious one. smile

I see what you are saying.
Lol, see, I'm a master of socio-political manipulation.
I've read enough of your posts to figure that out on my own. smile  

Henneth Annun
Captain

vincejustvince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm
What do you call real? If you are referring to that which is seen, felt, tasted, smelled, or heard then real is nothing more than electrical signals sent to the brain.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 pm
Sir Vincent
What do you call real? If you are referring to that which is seen, felt, tasted, smelled, or heard then real is nothing more than electrical signals sent to the brain.
Yes but the things that you are touching and smelling still exist outside of the world of your perception. Just because I can't see Tokyo from here doesn't mean the city doesn't exist. If I were to loose all sensory perception, Tokyo would still exist.

Ooh! Then how would I know it existed?

What is real anyway then? If we lost all sensory perception and couldn't tell what things existed, would they still exist? They would, but we wouldn't know it, would they still exist? Maybe they'd exist in a different reality then...*train of thought...*

confused  

Henneth Annun
Captain

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 pm
I don't think any base reality actually exists. I think we are just one layer in an ever extending chaos. Imagine a mesh net intersecting and crushed together with billions of layers somewhat unsure of where one ends and the other begins, or maybe more like bubbles all attached yet extreamly perfectly speratated and contained. We extend on a particular stable outstrech of a plane of energy that might at some point intersect or get sucked into another.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Unfortunately for me I make up my own little world and run away from reality.
But its much funner that way.  

mechanical kitsy

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:51 pm
It makes lousy television in its name.

Necro'd.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 am
Dr_lecter1988
Over the last week, i've been thinking. Does a completely objective reality even exist? because we all have our own subjective reality of our own. Our perceptions are all different, without the perceptions of people, is there a reality? and if so How would we ever be able to tell exactly what said reality is?

First of all, reality is something which includes everything. Personal thoughts, although energy, are limited to one person and although in the sense of existing do have their place in reality, are not a reality themselves. (If I think of flying cats with wings, the reality that I thought of it doesn't make the thought a reality itself.)

Simply put also, reality (as we know it) is what can be proven or disproven, meaning most of science, as well as both thiesim and athiesim can not be considered reality. Now, some basic laws that we know are that:
1. Everything is energy
2. All energy is deterating
3. Chain reaction/domino effect
4. There always must be an uncaused cause (aka a beginning to everything)
5. All energy is leveling itself out, meaning that eventually, life will be impossible

((Also, as I mentioned, all atoms are becoming more and more unstable, which goes directly against the big bang theory in many aspects))

Alot of what people consider to be reality is no more than some ideas some people made up to go against the ideas concerning reality of another group. Also, people like to act like they "know" it all, and by making up these theories and completely ignoring where certain evidence leads, they are cutting their own necks. ((heh, orange paint))  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am
littlewonder
I believe most stubbornly there is only one reality. In the physical world, for there to be more realities based on decisions just sounds the most idiotic thing.

As for my own theories, I often wonder what reality looks like outside all living things. "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" I'll never know. No one could. I believe, based on this deep question, that sound is just an interpretation of something else (vibrations, maybe?). Therefore, one might say it's not real. But reality is mysterious.

-claps hands- ^^ lovely way to put it  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 am
((Also, something to put out there from my reading earlier posts: fairy tales are a reflection of human reality, and are no different than novels, movies, or comics. Even lies have to be based off of something.))  

Angel of the End

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces