Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Coffee? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 pm
Kiba-the-wolf009
Testicular Diabeetus
Kiba-the-wolf009
Testicular Diabeetus
Kiba-the-wolf009

Sound's like we had the same coffee habits.
My coffee pot used to never shut off when I was home.

XD
Same here. I also had the withdrawals from quitting.
Migraines out the kazoo, I think I will drink a cup now... XD

Them coffee withdrawls are a b****
XD you'd think that we were in drug rehab or something without our caffeine (speaking on behalf of all coffee drinkers like us)

i think that quitting smoking was easier for me then quitting coffee.

I'll second that

You were a smoker?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 am
I like Cappacinos and latte's but only once in a while. They always feel fatty and sugary and I never feel anymore awake than without caffeine. I think I'll stick to good 'ol exercising and running to increase my metabolism and lose weight.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 pm
I have sworn off coffee. There are so many side effects that are not worth the "benefits". Others probably said this, but try green tea instead! Jasmine flower green tea tastes amazing, even without sweetener. 0 calories, and all the weight loss benefits smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 am
To much coffee can actually cause water retention..which is weird, since it's a diuretic (makes you pee). Just make sure you drink plenty of water, too. 3nodding

Yur-Yur Yuri

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 pm
Yur-Yur Yuri
To much coffee can actually cause water retention..which is weird, since it's a diuretic (makes you pee). Just make sure you drink plenty of water, too. 3nodding

From what I understand, while drinking coffee, your body can lose enough water to go into dehydration mode, and one of the first responses is for your body to hold on to as much water as it can.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm
Sidhe Fleshmonster
Yur-Yur Yuri

From what I understand, while drinking coffee, your body can lose enough water to go into dehydration mode, and one of the first responses is for your body to hold on to as much water as it can.

Yep, my doc told me the same thing.  

Yur-Yur Yuri

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150

Majnooni

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:06 am
Coffee does not stunt your growth or hurt you if you drink it in moderation. It will dehydrate you as will any caffeine, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't drink it at all. Just don't drink ridiculous amounts, and make sure to drink plenty of water as well to make up for it. I usually drink coffee or espresso black once or twice a day, and occasionally I treat myself to a sweet drink at Starbucks, but I still go for the light mocha which is only 140 calories in a grande.

Of course, tea is good too as others have suggested. I love iced green tea, especially in the warmer months.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games