Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Thanksgiving!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:24 am
For you americans is coming up soon right? For my canadian peeps it was this weekend. How did you/ will you survive it this year? Gosh that sounds negative lol, let me rephrase, how do you intend on not overdoing it? Or do you care? It is just one day right?

I think thanksgiving management depends largely on your family, and luckily, my family has lots of healthy options on the table, even though they don't mean to, it just sort of happens.

Appetizers include rye bread with spinach dip, veggies and dip and cheese and crackers. I filled up on the veggies had a bit of bread and dip and a couple crackers with cheese. I had juice to drink. I would have had wine but they are so use to me not drinking they didn't give me a wine glass and well it's stupid but I felt silly asking for one or pouring wine into my plain glass.

Dinner I had just 2 slices of turkey (which is a lean meat) and I told myself I'd have more after if I was still hungry, but I made sure to add lots of veggies on my plate. Peas, corn, green beans, squash/carrot (dunno what you call it, looks like mashed potatoes) AND my granny was awesome and had some whole wheat buns for me and the other health nut at the table (my cousins girlfriend). The gravy was the only really fatning thing on my plate. And I didn't skimp on that lol.

Then for desert I had just one slice of cake. Though I probably should have gone for the lemon merangue pie. But hey, it's thanksgiving, not like I'm making a habit of having the more junky desert.

Between appetizers and supper we took the kids and the dogs to the park. So we got in a lil bit of exercise there.

All in all, this year was great. I ate well, had lots of fruit and veggies lil bit of lean meat, and only a tiny bit of junk/fat.

Today I'm headed to the woods with my dog, it's a beatifull day and I'm going to go for a power walk not so much cause of last night but just cause I gained 7lbs this fall (lost three of those 7 already) So I'm trying to fit more activity into my schedule.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 pm
I ABSOLUTELY DIED THIS THANKSGIVING!
I haven't been following a weight loss routine recently though, I started earlier this year but it died off...
I've been lurking around this guild again, planning to start up a new weight loss thread and create a new plan but I've been so bogged with midterms already!
So I let myself have this one last splurge on thanksgiving, I just ate whatever, whenever, I wasn't hungry all weekend.
It doesn't help that it's my first year living away from home and cooking and buying my own food
so when I got home I was just so excited to have like a real, yummy home cooked meal!
So yeah, I was disgusting really.
But I'm away from home again, less to snack on here, I'm gonna go back to a minding my food more again until I have the chance to lay out my plan fully in a thread.

Anyways, that's the end of my little ramble there;
moral of the story: I did not survive thanksgiving, I overdid it.

phloid

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:47 am
Since I'm married to someone whose mother is Canadian, we celebrate twice. Yesterday I made a really lovely maple and molasses salmon on a cedar plank. I use molasses because you can use less of that than you'd use of brown sugar (which is just white sugar with molasses added) and get the same rich flavor. I only made a little of that, so that everyone got a bit, and then rounded it out with Persian fruited brown rice, green beans, mashed marbled trio (parsnip, pumpkin, and rutabaga), pan-fried collard greens, and Israeli salad (cucumber, cherry tomato, green onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper). Dessert was gluten free sweet potato pie, and I only made one, so that everyone got 1/8 of the pie instead of those ENORMOUS slices that people seem so fond of having. In other words, people filled up on so many vegetables that they didn't really notice that there wasn't much in the way of starch or fat or dessert.

For American Thanksgiving next month, I'm thinking I'll make much the same, except that the main dish will be turkey instead of salmon, and the pie will probably be cherry.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:20 pm
@Divash
I love how you say his mother is canadian. Doesn't that make him canadian too? lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:59 am
User Image

I'm dreading it, but I usually have good self-control.
I'm going out of state for this holiday.
I'm going to Mississippi.
I live in Texas. XD

I'm excited to meet my fiances step-mom's family.

I hope there is healthy food.
In the south we deep fry EVERYTHING, then drown it in ranch dressing. D=

I don't though. Not anymore.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:23 am
i try to take as little as i can, my family isnt big on traditions so we usually dont have a big thanksgiving but after i eat i usually go running a hour or two later, but really i will try to not eat so much.  

Sweetviolenturge

Sparkly Ladykiller

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:35 pm
I think this coming thanksgiving, I am going to resist the urge to intake so much stuffing. And usually I dont gain too much weight when it comes to thanksgiving. I think I also wont load up on potatoes too much. mostly vegetables for me, a little turkey and fuits. I also plan on drinking more water than juice and Mike's.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games