Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I got some new equipment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:13 pm
User Image

I invested in some exercise stuff with some b-day money.
I'm also thinking about taking an aerobic class at the gym when i get a job...

I got a new jump rope, it's plastic not cloth.
My old one was made of cloth and it was a pain when it was windy.

Ankle weights.
I got two and they are 2.5 pounds each so five pounds.
I'll use those when I go on walks.

Dumbells
My arms are the equivalent to noodles.
So I bought two five pound dumbells, I'm starting out little.
I want some tone! XD

They didn't have these in stock but I plan on getting them...
Resistance bands, yoga videos, aerobic videos, walking weights.

What should I do as a routine? Should I have like an ab day then arm day or do it all at once every day or what?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 pm
anything that has to do with muscles should be limited to 3 or 4 times a week.

To build muscle you literally tear the old muscle. You need to rest the next day to allow it to repair itself.

So if you are doing any weight lifting, do it in one day or split it into two different days and then inbetween the two days go walking. Cardio is wonderful.

If you're really just looking for toning, then walking/jogging can do all of that for you.  

Soi Tsuba

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:42 am
I'm so jealous. All I have is an eliptical from back when I had some disposable income. And it's kind of cheap, one of the least expensive ones out there, so the stride is sort of short, no programs or anything. I still love it. I try not to use it in the summer when it's nice out cause then I feel like I wasted a nice day. But soon I'll be back on it.

I gots my eye on a mountain bike. I just need a 200 dollar deposit and it will be mine in the spring! I'd also like to turn my bike into an exercise bike. I'd love one of those bars you put up in your doorway. If I had my own place I'd use the spare room/ office as a gym and set up a bunch of stuff.

And if I had any kind of money to spend on myself I would love love love, to take any kind of fitness class but especial a martial arts, yoga or gymnastics class.

I actually enjoy working out but I don't have any money, so I'm stuck with push ups, walking in the woods in my spare time. Using monkey bars at the park for pull ups etc. If I had an actual class to go to, I'd be a lot more motivated. I'm not exactly like, gee I'll go to the park now so I can do like 1 pull up and 2 attempts at a pull up (no upper body strength).

Might ask for that doorway bar for xmas though ninja  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games