Welcome to Gaia! ::

TZM Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Zeitgeist Movement on Gaia for all Gaian supporters and activists of TZM and RBEM. 

Tags: zeitgeist, movement, venus, project, economy 

Reply TZM Gaia
Introductions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You guys think this Introductions Sticky is a good idea?
  Yes!
  Meh...
  No, lame!
View Results

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 pm
Heeeeeeylow everyone! ...

My name is Austin, I've been a supporter of TZM since 2007 when the first movie came out. Actualy, the movement didn't even start untill after the second movie so, I guess 2008.

I'm a member of the Chicago Chapter and am an avid activist. I'm a hair stylist so, that gives me a lot of freedom to talk with new people every day and tell them about the TZM.

I'm also a DJ and "spin" dark electronic music, industrial, ebm, darkwave and the like. Utilizing Ableton Live, Akai's APC40, and NI's Audio Kontrol 1. If any of that makes sense to you all.

Anything else, just ask!!

EDIT:
I had actually always been a little odd with social things. Since I was younger I hated how people seemed to ignore the things that were going on around them. It sucks that it's taken this long now to finally find a group (TZM) that I feel at home with.

I think I've always been an activist of some-sort. I always used to write horrorable words on my coat and book-bag to make people cringe. I also wrote in school about cruelties all the time in every class that I could. This actually led to me being kicked out of college, lol. Which at the time was an awful thing but, looking back at it now, I see that instance as being a positive. I was in school for Teachers Education and after learning about how the education system really is in place to just keep kids dumb, I didn't want to have anything to do with school.

Share some stories!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:09 am
I don't really know what to write... i'll start anyways. I won't say my real name though biggrin so you may call me "aer" instead. I am currently 16, so yeah... i'm quite young. And by the way, I come from Spain. So feel free to ask me any questions and i'll do my best in answering them. I am usually quite a silent and quiet person, which I guess that has made me focus a lot on reading. Reason why I tend to look badly at people who don't seem to care about anything at all. Well, I love listening to music, reading, writing, videogames, seeing movies... pretty much ordinary things. I guess.

I have always payed quite a lot of attention to news, politics... because in my family (or at least in my paternal one) we all critisize and talk an awful lot about it. Which makes debating some kind of war and a real pain sometimes. Although I am interested in the zeitgeist movement and like quite a lot of things about it I find it innacurate on several things that it has, like the how to start the movement. I nenver really showed much interest for reading political stuff up until one/two years ago when my old history teacher lent me 'the communist manifesto', and since then I have read a few books (and i'm planning on reading more). I define myself as a communist/marxist, but I am quite interested in learning about other systems. Reason why I want to learn more about TZM. Something I hate... critisizing without knowing what that thing is about. I hate it when people do that, and also the "i'm better than anyone" that many people I know have. Sorry for this being a bit disorganized sweatdrop  

Aerlinniel I

7,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

Bardockey

4,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:50 pm
Well, hello everyone. The name is Cameron. I'm 21 years old, and I have known about the movement since it's creation in 2008.

I don't advocate the movement itself but rather the understandings explained by and advocated by Jacque Fresco.
I think many people associated with the movement feel they have to connect with a movement so much that they fail to understand the concepts, or take to time to learn them.
We all have faults we just need to recognize them and admit there is a problem. Then we can work at fixing it.

When I speak, I try and use a little of my opinion as possible, and only say what I believe to be true, and what I understand well enough to talk about. Even if I know more about a topic than someone else who is speaking about it in a conversation, I will say nothing unless asked about it because I am not sure of it's accuracy. So if I ever speak about something it's because I feel I know it well enough that I believe it's the truth and understand it.
Many people, I believe just verbalize their opinions all the time. They do this without even having a full understanding of the subject. This, I've seen leads to arguments and confrontations, pride. This progressively gets us nowhere.

I'm a big advocate of knowledge, and being open to possibilities. I will never instantly turn down a piece of information, or discussion topic. Instead, I will consider it and put it to the scientific method and compare it to my previous experiences.

That is a little bit about myself and my personality and how it pertains to the movement. I look forward to getting to know you all better.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:18 pm
Hi! I'm Kaela and I'm 19 years old. I definitely support the Zeitgeist Movement but I have to say I'm not very involved with it. I've known about it from the beginning, 2007 I guess, but never actually sat down to watch the movies until about a year ago. I like to help so if anyone ever needs anything, I'm usually down... so ..... I guess that's cool. whee
And I don't know what else to say right now.

*Edit* as you can probably tell, I'm not very good at talking about myself.  

kaelaTeapot

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:39 pm
Call me Asmusei.
It's a bit cold here in Minnesota, but that's what you get. I'm 22 and in the Army Reserves and I hate it. You want high school with guns and ammo as the mainstay? Join the Army.
I learned of Zeitgeist from a friend in the National Guard, saw the movie and have always been skeptic, but the movie proved quite a few hypothesis I had been forming in my mind. After all, it doesn't make sense that they scrapped the leftover pieces so quickly...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:43 pm
Greetings peeps. I'm Shuyajin, there are no real names in gaia. (Its gaia after all) I am an 24 year old NEET in the awesome state of Oregon, the capital city. I learned about ZG awhile back, which isn't surprising since I have my eyes on all the new and crazy things. Zeitgeist for me really isn't about the movement at all, but the messages the founders state. I find what they say fairly intriguing. I don't think the movement will actually get anywhere, it'll most likely change and combine with other movements and evolve and whatnot just as these things usually do. I'm not really active in this life, mainly staying at home with my otaku activities. But then, there's only stupidity waiting for me if I step outside.

I am a major 2012 enthusiast, and probably the most knowledgeable person you'll come across to talk with. Even though there are plenty of people more knowledgeable out there, you only ever see them on the other side of a video screen.

Criticism from idiots is synonymous with hopelessness. Because everyone has an opinion but not everyone has an actual thought. That being said, I have a bleak outlook on humanity for it.

Anyways, check out my youtube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GILRFvRXlNA&list=PL06F700A1D5993CFE&index=14&shuffle=10234&playnext=15  

Shuyajin

TZM_MrB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 pm
Hi Gang, Dave here, IL state coordinator for the Zeitgeist Movement. Pleased to meet you all. And props to Tyrae for putting this thing together!

Any questions of me just ask. I'm very much looking forward to the Zeitgeist Addendum here at 8PM central. See you there!  
TZM Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games