7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:42 am
I know you were ... it's just the way you said it. sweatdrop heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:37 pm
immanuelkant
There are a few reasons that I know of why they are not included in every edition. First, Jesus said that all the Bible was about him, and those books have no prophecies, no mentions, and no geneology of the coming Messiah whatsoever. Second, some of the books (like Maccabies) cannot be proven by scholars as actually happening. Most agree that it may have happened that way and that it is a good story, but overall (I would believe it's true if I believed it was actually inspired) the story doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the flow of the Bible and seems out of place. And lastly, a few passages of these books have been used to support "strange" beliefs in the Catholic Church (some of the ones that you've said you don't quite agree with) and have been kept so that these beliefs may remain in the Cathecism.

That's all I've got, I'm sure there's more though.

but none of the bible can nessacarilly be proven. the only fact we actually know is that jesus is real. everything else is faith. also, the old testament isn't about jesus at all  

LearningtoBreath63

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Ever read Isaiah? That's all about Jesus.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:26 am
Jesus claims that the entirity of the Bible (or in his time, the Old Testament since the NT wasn't around yet) is about him. Are you going to call him a liar? And if we can't trust the prophecies about him and the passages he quotes and the words the Jesus himself memorized and followed how can we trust anything the Bible says about Jesus? Faith does not come from us, it comes from God and it comes by reading the word of God. The only thing we have to base our faith on is scripture, so if you throw out scripture you must throw out Jesus.  

immanuelkant

Casca 7

Blessed Paladin

13,100 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:37 am
LearningtoBreath63
immanuelkant
There are a few reasons that I know of why they are not included in every edition. First, Jesus said that all the Bible was about him, and those books have no prophecies, no mentions, and no geneology of the coming Messiah whatsoever. Second, some of the books (like Maccabies) cannot be proven by scholars as actually happening. Most agree that it may have happened that way and that it is a good story, but overall (I would believe it's true if I believed it was actually inspired) the story doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the flow of the Bible and seems out of place. And lastly, a few passages of these books have been used to support "strange" beliefs in the Catholic Church (some of the ones that you've said you don't quite agree with) and have been kept so that these beliefs may remain in the Cathecism.

That's all I've got, I'm sure there's more though.

but none of the bible can nessacarilly be proven. the only fact we actually know is that jesus is real. everything else is faith. also, the old testament isn't about jesus at all

oh, you have much to learn. 3nodding Even the ceremonial laws in Leviticus are prophecies of Jesus death.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff