Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply Archives
[Archived] I hope it's okay to make a topic here

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:47 am
I hope it's okay for me to post this here. I wanted to get opinions of people that were interested in saving the game. I have what I think is an idea with some potential. But let me know what you think!

Gaia is wanting feedback on their ads!

So one of the devs, Pan, is asking questions about ads. Check out that thread and give you opinion, please.

My idea relates to this. What if we tried to organize a group of zOMGians to publically click an ad or two every day and make it known that we want to help Gaia financially with our actions and we hope that Gaia will see that we're trying to help them and perhaps try to put more effort into zOMG.

Perhaps I'm being naive and hopeful but I think perhaps if Gaia made enough money they could hire another dev for zOMG.

Is this idea totally stupid? Hit me with your ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 am
How do you "publicly" click an ad? mrgreen

Also, we need to know how Gaia gets paid for ads - sometimes it's pay per view, or per click thru, sometimes its only for followup, like if you actually join something.

I suggested once at a dev meet that they get some in game ads - ads that would show either actually in the game, or maybe in a banner at the top of the screen. If they did that, we could click thru on ads in game, and that would definitely show them that its zomgaians clicking them.  

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:00 pm
When I say publicly, I"m picturing a thread in the zOMG forum encouraging people to click and then come say that they did.

I'm picturing the best case scenario, where we say that we're trying to help Gaia because we love the site and that they made zOMG, get some devs/admins to see our claims (that we're clicking ads for them) then see that they've been making more money through ads.

We can only buy so many powerups in the game. There's not a lot financially that we can do to show support for the game. But if we're vocal about trying to keep Gaia and zOMG alive then coming through, perhaps Gaia will take notice. If we can show Gaia that we can support the site, that zOMGians are a group of people to be recognized through our efforts, perhaps they'll put more effort into the game.

In short, click then tell us about it. xD; Click and brag about how great you are to help Gaia.

There's a lot of I hope and ifs to this, it may not work, we may not get people to click and if we do Gaia may not care.. but can it hurt to try? And this is something you don't need cash to do. Some can't get cash but they can still help. And those that can get cash can do this and not lose out on more money.

I just think that if a group of us clicked on a couple of ads each day, how fast that could add up. If we want to support the game, then we need to support the site that made the game. But it's important to show Gaia where this support is coming from.

Wow. Long post. Sorry. sweatdrop

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff