Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Running The Sahara.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:00 am
Is the most inspirational documentary ever. It made me want to do something and make a difference.

For all you runners out there, have you seen this movie? I watched it twice and feel like watching it again. I remember towards the end, one of the runners experienced runner's high. I can definitely say that runners high feels really awesome. 4laugh

For those who haven't heard of this movie, it's a documentary of 3 men running from E. Africa to Egypt's Nile. They pass through many countries and met many of the natives and saw how poor many of them are. The whole point of the run was to raise money for a clean water act (if I remember correctly).

It's a must see movie. They all go through so much, and they were there for each other as a team to push each other the tough hurdles.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 pm
That sounds really interesting! I'd like to watch it -- I'll see if I can find it online. Sahara. O_O

I think there's an ultra this or next year in Antarctica. It's be awesome if they turned that into a documentary. smile  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 am
The really funny thing is that, in the movie, Running the Sahara, one of the runners made a joke, he asked another runner, "So, what's next after this? Shall we run the Arctic?" and the other runner was like HELL NO, that's for crazy people. It was pretty funny because they ran through a freaking desert, I'd say they qualify to be crazy.

That'd be really awesome if they did something like that though. I'd definitely watch it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:14 pm
... speaking from a Canadian wet weather'd cold loving perspective... I'd just keel over at the start, even thinking about that makes me die a little...

That's very amazing.  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games