Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Duo-Pantheism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:50 am
Duo-Pantheism
"Two Gods in All"

A word basically of my own invention, because I have yet to find a theology that exactilly describes my own. In some respects, other religions come close to my personal beliefs, but then miss the mark on other big ones.

The following is all an Unverified Personal Gnosis.

If you know of a tradition that follows most (if not all) of the following, please, oh, please, let me know.

It combines ditheism, the belief that there are two basic principles, and pantheism, the belief that the Divine is in all and all is in the Divine. Pantheism, however, calls ditheism (or dualism) a fallacy. Dualism, in the example of Taoism, symbolized by the Yin and Yang, aligns one side to being strong and positive, and the other weak and negative, while both (in my view) are strong and neutral.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:51 am
"God in All"

By being closer to nature, we become closer to Divine.
And by walking away from nature, and relying on our own devices we move farther from the Divine.

Jesus, for example, very rarely was in an artifical building to worship God or pray. One of the few times, he actually goes through the temple, turning over tables and shouting at what the people inside are doing. When he preached, he preached on the street, in the home, by a lake/river or on a hillside. When he prayed, he went to a garden.
Jesus is an example only, I do not worship him.

I support organics.

"Two"

In my religion, there is a God and a Goddess. As opposed to some Neo-Pagan traditions, they are more balanced, with neither being more heavily worshipped than the other.

Everything in nature has a masculine and a feminine aspect, in either a sexual or a metaphoric sense. The masculine creates the spark and the feminine processes said spark. Hermaphrodites and asexual organisms have both the masculine and the feminine, as does everything else, but with more balance.

Nature is a reflection of the God and Goddess -- not one sided, not black or white, it is more so than not, neutral.

When things get out of balance, things go awry.

For example, where I live, there are no natural predators of deer -- there are no more mountain lions, no more red wolves, and exceptionally few bobcats and coyetes. Because of this, the deer population has gotten to the point where most of them die of starvation or are hit by cars. This last November, the peak month of rut, over 300 deer were hit by cars. There is nothing but a few redneck hunters and the front bumper of an automobile to keep the population in check. And things just aren't good and will continue to be not-good until a natural balance comes back in place.

Gingerbread . Coffin

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:52 am
The Elements

Earth, Water, Air and Fire are the four stages of matter (solid, liquid, gas and plasma) that allow all things to live, have aspects of both the masculine and the feminine to them and move from one side of the spectrum to the other. Whoever has lived through an earthquake knows that change is not just limited to Air. And anyone who has seen waves crash and leap against rocks on a shore knows that passion is not dominated by Fire. While Fire is a traditional masculine Element and the hearth, in many different cultures, is ruled over a female diety. The elements are much more multidimensional.

Reincarnation

I believe that every life you live is a lesson for your soul. After you die, you're given a resting period (dependant on the soul) so that you can take in what you've done in your last life. After that, you move on to the next lesson. "The Bad Guys" are given a shorter amount of time before they can go back to living and are born into shorter lifespan organisms in the next number of lives as a sort of "community service" or for them to learn the lesson by seeing the other end of what they've done. For example, Hilter might be a single germ that keeps getting sneezed into an anti-bacterial tissue that kill 99.9% of germs for some time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:53 am
Worship

I don't bow down before an idol or to the specks on the ceiling right above my bed.

Worship is an expression of love, my favorite definition is, "a feeling of profound love and admiration".

In no way do I think the Gods are stuffy and wanting to be loved with head held down, prayed to like a chore or singing someone else's song of praise. Examples of worship and praise: Skipping around in a shallow stream (where there are no fish, so you don't scare them). Dancing in the rain. Singing to the wind. Laying on a sandbar, soaking up the sun and listening to the birds. Whatever I can do that expresses love and happiness to nature, and thusly, the Gods, is worship to me.

And yes, I hug trees.

Gingerbread . Coffin

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:54 am
Magic

There's more focus on the mundane ways to getting what you want, with magic and witchcraft being a way to seek either guidence through divination, or help, courage, or to influence the cards to fall where you need them most.

Magic is, to me, "Prayer with props" and geered towards natural things (rocks, leaves, sticks, etc) more than athames, bolines, chalices, cauldrons, incense and candles. Magic is informal or non-methodical, and geared more towards a free flow of words and actions instead of "walk deosil, recognizing the four elements and calling upon them..." You can do what you want, but it's not my cup of tea.

I feel like I could add more, so, I'll reserve the next two posts, just in case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:55 am
Reserved  

Gingerbread . Coffin

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:56 am
For Further Ramblings

Okay, I'm done reserving. (:  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:26 pm
Gingerbread . Coffin
Duo-Pantheism
"Two Gods in All"

A word basically of my own invention, because I have yet to find a theology that exactilly describes my own. In some respects, other religions come close to my personal beliefs, but then miss the mark on other big ones.

The following is all an Unverified Personal Gnosis.

If you know of a tradition that follows most (if not all) of the following, please, oh, please, let me know.

It combines ditheism, the belief that there are two basic principles, and pantheism, the belief that the Divine is in all and all is in the Divine. Pantheism, however, calls ditheism (or dualism) a fallacy. Dualism, in the example of Taoism, symbolized by the Yin and Yang, aligns one side to being strong and positive, and the other weak and negative, while both (in my view) are strong and neutral.
Not true about Taoism seeing one weak and negative. Both polarities are of equal strength and neither are seen as bad in themselves. This is a common misconseption. They are simply thought of as the two dominant forces in the universe, each the opposite of the other. What you called "negative" does symbolize "negative" but it also symbolizes "mother", "calm", etc. There are pleanty of positive aspects about it. And neither is dominant within the world. Yang does symbolize "dominance", however, yin and yang are in perfect balance, thus you cannot have "dominance" without it's equal balance. Neither yin nor yang is more powerful than the other. If this were so, the yin-yang symbol would not be divided equally. Also, neither is yin nor yang is considered "evil." They work together to bring the picture of perfect harmony and balance and each has positive and negative aspects. For example, if you had a chair that was too hard, this would be 'yang' as hard is an aspect of yang. If a chair was too soft and flimsy, it would be 'yin.' Thus, either in excess brings suffering (though in this case it was quite minimal. lol). This is the evil in Taoism comes from: the imbalance of the universal forces. 3nodding  

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:57 pm
This is indeed the closest explination to what i believe in thank you for posting this Ginger. Though im sure we would dissagree on a few things just none that you touched on here.  
PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games