Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Swurge's Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweetviolenturge

Sparkly Ladykiller

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 pm

About me
Hi! i'm rachel but people call me swurge I'm determined to loose weight, right now im 200 Lb's and 5'0 i'm 21 years old my goal is to get to 180 by the summer of 20'11 but i mean even if i loose 5 pounds ill be happy.
Why i want to loose weight
. I want to feel better about myself. I'm sick of feeling ugly and not pretty even tho my boyfriend finds me sexy and says i don't need to loose weight it doesn't make me feel any better
. I need to get healthier. With my knees and back messed up i don't want to sit here and get obese i don't want something physical have to bring me down, i don't want any other health problems like diabeties or high blood pressure that BOTH run in my family

Problems:
.Problem 1: im lazy and i tend to forget about exercises or it gets to late and i don't want to run at midnight because i live in a bad area.
.Problem 2: i have wear and tear arthitis on my knees so some days it hurts to even walk and i have a thyroid problem and currently not on meds ( i have no medical) and i lost hope because when your not on thyroid meds its impossible to loose weight.

Focus
My main focus is cutting back eating, not eating at night, going to bed earlier and running in the morning or even walking, cutting out fatty foods
My hardest part is i lack motiavion, i get lazy or sore and dont want to work out anymore or i find any good excerises if i had a running partner or a work out buddy it would be easier but i dont know anyone so im here looking for support and ways to help me.

I will update this journal weekly if not monthly but first i need to buy a scale gonk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 pm
Hello Swurge, welcome to the guild!

About the knee problems: perhaps it would be better to get some professional advice before taking up running? Running can put quite a bit of strain on the knees. It's one of the areas that absorbs the impact -- that's why a lot of runners experience knee problems at some point. Cycling might be gentler on the joints.

Also, if you keep putting off exercise in the evenings (I think we all do at some point, haha) then mornings might work better. Just get it out of the way. Plus you should feel more energetic for the rest of the day. smile And eventually, if you're really motivated, you could actually do a second session in the evenings. ;3

Good luck!  

Sunsway

Sweetviolenturge

Sparkly Ladykiller

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 am
Thanks a bunch!! im working on getting medical so i can get them tooken a look at biggrin  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games