Submit

ryuzakylawliet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm
I consider good horror manga:
uzumaki - it's really creepy - hunted me several days afer finishing it,
doubt - it has a good story, really weird ending though,
godchild - well, it has it's ups and downs, but it's good,
gyo- it's more gross than horror,
jisatsu circle and even d.gray-man has it's creepy parts.
Some parts of doll are scary too and the story is good but it's more of a mystery manga.

And some of the ones I'm reading now are: judge - it's similar to doubt- same authors, Jigoku Sensei Nube - barely ch 2 so I don't know much of it but it's good and Kurobara Alice - vampires and stuffs, weird situations, they all have a nice story line.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:53 am
I love the horror genre, and I'm rather picky with what I consider horror. Fruits Basket may have elements of psychiatry and all-around messed-up-ness, but I would definitely not call it horror. D: For me, there's a very big difference between FB and say, Gyo. I want my horror to be real horror. Which is why I'm always a bit put-off when I try to search for horror mangas and they give me things like D.Gray-man, xxxHolic, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love those two series, but I wouldn't classify them as horror. Adventure/action/thriller, maybe, with their fair share of nightmare fuel, but not quite horror-genre.

2 words for good horro: Junji Ito. My favorite horror manga-ka emotion_bigheart

I recommend any of his works, along with:

- MPD Psycho
- Seeds of Anxiety (SO GOOD. I love this series aklfjsd why is it so short?! D: )

* Blade of the Immortal--I'm not sure whether I personally consider this horror or not. I guess it could be horror in terms of realistic horror (minus one um, detail), but I'd label it as historic/adventure/action. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, though.

On that note. I'm looking for some good horror mangas in the realms of ghosts, supernatural, stuff like that. Any recommendations? (Think Junji Ito's ghost stuff and Seeds of Anxiety, for those that have read it.)

Seliece

tika260

Sparkling Streaker

11,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:29 pm
Ghost Hunt, it can be a bit silly at times but is very interesting both the anime and the manga are very good  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:55 pm
I read couple of horror or considered horror with violence, killing, and psychological effect.
1. Mermaid Scar/Forest - there is myth/legend you gain immorality by eating flesh of mermaids or turned into monster
2. When They Cry
3. Dragon Head
4. Metro
5. Caged of Eden
6. Future Diary
7. Lives  

Starfighter34

Spirited Treasure-Seeker

7,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Team Player 50

Koduni

Sagely Dreamer

11,600 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:24 am
Ahh, its been a while since anybody posted here, but I can recommend a few good ones.

Ajin, Mahou Shoujo of the end and Apocalypse no Toride.

They're all fairly gory and Mahou Shoujo of the end has some very mature scenes, so warning to those under 18.  
Horror/Thriller

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff