Parents on Gaia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm not talking about having adopted parents on gaia, I mean real parents on gaia.

My mom just joined, so I really don't know what I think about it yet, but honestly it makes me kinda nervous x.x Dunno why though xD

So what are your opinions about parents on Gaia? What would you do if your mom/dad sent you a friend request?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:44 pm
I'd be pretty weirded out.. I dunno.
Do they know your username and junk?
I mean.. unless they know your username they can't really find you and stalk your posts.. and that's even more difficult when you post a lot in guilds. >3

I'll probably be on Gaia once I have children.. and if they decide to join.. well.. it's going to be kind of odd.. but whatever.. it's for everyone!~

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Jareths Girl_24TTW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:48 pm
I wouldn't want my mother to see all my stuff I post so I wouldn't friend her.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 pm
I'd probably be like "OMGWTFBBQ" and ignore her friend request.  

Rainbow x Toxic

Satil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:50 pm
My Mom is nearly 50. I'd encourage her but I would in no way friend her or let her know who I was. My Mom has all these delusions about me and how I behaved as a teen and I wouldn't want to break her little heart. Besides, I b***h about her sometimes and I wouldn't really want her to see it. I already censor my Facebook for family, don't wanna censor this too.

I'm trying to get pregnant now. I have no plans of leaving Gaia. If my kids got older and joined Gaia, if I was still active, I would not want our paths to cross.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:01 pm
Uh...Tell Her to get a facebook..  

J e n R e i

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:09 pm
My mom joined a few years ago and I added her. She had no idea how to work things so I was trying to help her. If you have nothing to hide I don't see a problem with friending your mom (or dad).

If you do have things to hide and want to avoid hurting their feelings just make a mule and post all of the stuff you don't want them to know there. I would much rather refrain from posting certain things or post on a mule over hurting my moms feelings over something so trivial.  
23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games