Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Xiaoscism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shavis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:55 am
At Tea's urging I have decided to do my best to put the Way in this subforum. First let me say that I refer to it as the Way not as an affront to anyone but because thats an abreviation of The Way of Shadow which is one of the proper names for my faith. Second, let me say that this is rather difficult to explain over this kind of medium, so if something doesn't make sense just ask. Finally, the things posted here are not meant to offend this is just how I look at the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:10 am
Okay, the Way basically states that there is too much Order and pursuit of Order in the world and we veiw Balance as the Necessary standpoint of existance too much order is bad. Therefore, a Xiaocist attempts to embrace the Chaos within themselves and help others to realize that reality isn't always shiny and clean and ordered. We attept to acheive a state of enlightenment through embracing all forms of Chaos in the world around us. It's not that we deny the necessary order of life, we just are more embracing of the Chaos as it is often a thing lost in the mix. We tend to be (after finding a good foot hold in the Way) terribly violent when effectively provoked, calm and meditative, and rather outgoing. The Way opens a certain degree of natural dichotomy and unpredictability. Now that we've covered the philosophical and personal overview we can get to the harder stuff.  

Shavis

Shavis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:11 pm
The Primary Deity in my Faith is called the Mother. After Her are Master and Mistress, Master being representative of Shadow/Chaos etc. Mistress being representative of Light/order...
Do not misunder stand, this is not a good/evil Way. We don't believe in the concept of good and evil, there is only what enhances and maitains the Balance and that which works against it.
I serve Master due to a series of events I'd rather not bandy about openly, if you want to know PM me.
In serving either Master or Mistress we serve Mother, some even serve Mother directly but I find that way of life can lead to odd mental/spiritual issues.
seeing as how I can't really think of anything particularly relevant to add to this if you have questions post them and I'll answer either in PM form or in the thread.
Thanks.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:25 pm
In attempting to balance between Chaos and Order, isn't that another way of preserving a sort of Order?

I imagine this is a rather elementary sort of question. I am asking because I assume you have a response and I want to see it--not to poke holes.  

MST3Kakalina

Shavis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:56 am
In a way yes, we are trying to preserve a form of Order, however by attaining that Order through Chaos we are also Preserving the Chaotic side of reality. We believe in the old standard of "you can't have one side without the other". It's difficult to explain effectively because it is necessarily based on several different paradoxes but once you understand it it's quite beautiful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:25 pm
like the Order is Chaotic?  

MST3Kakalina

Shavis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:25 pm
Try thinking of it more like a yin/yang. They are both seperate in their own right but one cannot exist without the other and as such they compliment eachother.
Not so much the Order is Chaotic but the Order Needs Chaos.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:09 pm
im trying to under stand this so its like a scale in a way with chaos on one side and order on the other to have blance you must have bolth but in the sence they would bolth have to be equal ... wow to world must be tipping the scale to chaos's side.  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items