Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Self Esteem?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:26 pm
Would changing my self-esteem help with weight loss?
Because mine is pretty low.
If so, how could I raise it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:24 pm
Self esteem affects a person's attitude and mood, which affects motivation levels. For a person to want to stick to a diet and lose weight, they have to be pretty damn motivated. So yes, self esteem is an indirect factor to weightloss.

In terms of raising self esteem, I don't know .... sad I remember being so low in depression.....I was "sick." Only about 3 years ago, I was able to push out of it. I didn't do it alone though. My advise to you is to talk to your close trusted friends. Talking always helped me. If you ever need someone to talk to, my PM box is always open. heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:34 am
Taker of Worlds
Self esteem affects a person's attitude and mood, which affects motivation levels. For a person to want to stick to a diet and lose weight, they have to be pretty damn motivated. So yes, self esteem is an indirect factor to weightloss.

In terms of raising self esteem, I don't know .... sad I remember being so low in depression.....I was "sick." Only about 3 years ago, I was able to push out of it. I didn't do it alone though. My advise to you is to talk to your close trusted friends. Talking always helped me. If you ever need someone to talk to, my PM box is always open. heart

Thanks, I'll do that smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:02 pm
I think having a good self esteem does do wonders for you. I have been having a bit more of a positive attitude and I have been losing a bit of weight a week. it doesnt help when my parents push me around and make me feel inferior or that I am worthless but at the same time, I have been retreating a bit to my own place. someplace I can be me, and have a good laugh. or in some cases people like my boyfriend and my uncle, make me have a good laugh too. and doing these things brings up my self esteem and thus the happier you feel and more confident you are, the better your chances for weight loss.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:52 pm
Dizzy Aquarius
I think having a good self esteem does do wonders for you. I have been having a bit more of a positive attitude and I have been losing a bit of weight a week. it doesnt help when my parents push me around and make me feel inferior or that I am worthless but at the same time, I have been retreating a bit to my own place. someplace I can be me, and have a good laugh. or in some cases people like my boyfriend and my uncle, make me have a good laugh too. and doing these things brings up my self esteem and thus the happier you feel and more confident you are, the better your chances for weight loss.

Thanks a bunch smile  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games