Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Which god/goddess to you follow worship? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:32 pm
I haven't dedicated to any particular god or goddess.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:13 pm
I know it's trendy to have tons of gods/goddesses to worship, but more often than not, I can be found giving prayers and offerings to Aphrodite. I've had a very strong emotional response to her since I was itty bitty.  

Gardenia

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:04 am
Gardenia
I know it's trendy to have tons of gods/goddesses to worship

Ur... "trendy"? I'm not sure I'm willing to call what was done 2000 years ago as "trendy."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:07 am
Deoridhe
Gardenia
I know it's trendy to have tons of gods/goddesses to worship

Ur... "trendy"? I'm not sure I'm willing to call what was done 2000 years ago as "trendy."
I think she meant tones of personal gods and goddesses- like how some Eclectics grab every "moon goddess" (and some who aren't stare ) and make them their matron goddess- like on a cosmic repeate shuffle.

You think you're about to hear Moody Blues- and you get Flight of the Valkyrie instead.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:48 pm
TeaDidikai
You think you're about to hear Moody Blues- and you get Flight of the Valkyrie instead.
i always think of bees when i hear that song...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:02 pm
And who says that you only have to worship deities? I pay great respects to the constellation Orion, which I have viewed as my lucky constellation. He has meaning that I can respect and when I look up at him I feel a sort of presence there. It all comes down to the individual and their experiences I suppose.  

Orion-Blacknuckle

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:39 pm
Hell. Who is to say that even those who work with Deities worship them?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:19 pm
I have never dedicated myself to any one god(dess) or even limited myself to any single pantheon. I believe that the goddesses and gods, come from a single source (Spirit) and we (humans) put them in to the forms of set Goddesses and gods, so that we can better relate to them. I do work with various pantheons in my own personal practice, but I do stick to the same pantheon rather then using a god from one and a goddess from another.  

Randilin

Midnight Ana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:47 pm
Currently I am researching the Celtic and Roman pantheons. I'm trying to do it in some organized fashion. So, when your doing reasearch on a deity or pantheon what do you look for? Myths, places of worship? Also, how exactly do you check if a source is legit?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:43 pm
Midnightelf
Also, how exactly do you check if a source is legit?

One of the big things that I often look when am trying to tell if a source is legit, other sources that agree with it. Also things that include references to orginal sources, and the information needed to look up those sources yourself.  

Randilin

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:35 am
Midnightelf
Currently I am researching the Celtic and Roman pantheons. I'm trying to do it in some organized fashion. So, when your doing reasearch on a deity or pantheon what do you look for? Myths, places of worship? Also, how exactly do you check if a source is legit?

I would suggest reading what scholars say about the myths, because often they'll go beyond the face meaning of the story as well as tying in historical facts. And scholarly books should always have a bibliography which you can look up to find more books to read about your subject. That's also a way of verifying if your source is legit.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:01 am
Aside from the Lord & Lady as 'template' deities, I use the following for ESWN:

Ilmarinen
Brigit
Odin
Cybele

That group has altered over time ... for North it used to be Gaia, but now I think of her as closer to the Lady instead.

That list represents several things to me, some of them:
1) I wanted at *least* 1 female and 1 male deity ... none of this 'all of them are the same gender'.
2) The first 3 represent the countries of my ancestors: Finland, Ireland, Denmark.
3) All of the four, while having an easilly seen elemental correspondence, could be seen as at least one other element.
4) Cybele I dedicated myself to in a ritual last summer that was influenced by her original dedication rituals. I'll leave it to the reader to look at my profile, google Her, and figure out why she would be appropriate.  

kara_h

Midnight Ana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:34 am
Thanks Randilin and missmagpie. Then it's off to the library with me.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff