Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
Popular History

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Earth Was Created By/When
God Blew Up
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
God Molded it from Clay
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Party Planet and One Wild Night Later...
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:52 pm
This is an experimental new thread I'd like to try. I got the idea today what if we "voted on" history, and began to compile some fun, far-fetched history constructed entirely on your votes.

How it works,

For a few days the thread will be open for "nominations" of historical events- or the outcome of said events. Next, we will host popular votes to determine the outcome.

A few nominations may be thrown out of they contain offensive content (overly sexual, or just poor, poor taste, but that shouldn't be an issue from the group).

To start this off, let's make history.

Our nominations are in for the creation of Earth. Now it's your turn! The guild will vote to decide the history of the dawn of Earth!

Nominations (and their details, are below!)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 pm
Well, of course, it's exactly how Scott Adam's said it in God's Debris:

God decided to find out what would happen if he blew himself up.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 pm
God decided to mold some clay into various shapes, textures, etc. When He saw all the creations, He couldn't help wondering what would happen if they were alive and thus gave them life and here we are! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:38 am
Having just swept those damn Martians from the galactic maps the highly advanced, highly evolved, but highly immature soldiers of the Probulon imperial navy decided to party on a nearby blue ball of dirt that they often used for big game hunting and hazardous material dumping.

A few drunken sailors, some random encounters with the natives and BOOM. Humans.  

Headhunter

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 pm
Loving the answers. I decided to put up a three day poll- enough for a decent number of people to get on, but I wanted to keep the turnover time brief.

What I'm going to do is take the winning answers and piece them together into the resulting "History of the World". So there is a slight catch I forgot to mention- we're going to try and build off of the previous posts (well, within reason). In other words, we're trying to create a flowing history, no matter how ridiculous.

Example: if we decide the Roman Empire never really fell during the popular history that means that someone may reference underground Centurian societies- or if we decide that America lost the revolutionary war in the popular history perhaps that would mean we are the 50 colonies, you get the gist.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:31 am
We need some more votes... or this history is going to get very interesting, very fast xd  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:23 am
Well, if we do get a three way tie, the history is obvious:

God formed the stars and planets from clay, and got bored, staring at an empty universe. So he tried blowing himself up to see what happened. As the pieces of God tried to reform, they developed into the various species around the universe, one of which found earth with its sub-human species, and one wild night later, humanity's destiny begins.  
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games