Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:12 am
Mat
ChaosThePowerful
Thank you guys so much for your suggestions biggrin For those who have seen my digestion pool on youtube (here) (I was really suprised to notice the amount of views eek ) and all its baron cardboard lovelyness, is there a way I can buy the gravel en masse? I'm looking on the GW site and I'm not seeing anything besides those tiny tubs.

I fantasize about building myself a gaming table blaugh kinda a long ways away from the skills for it. sweatdrop
I bought some in a big bag years ago, Try cruising the model railroading sections
Yep, just look for Ballast in the Train section. It comes in many grades, from coarse rocks to a nice, fine sand at a decent mesh grade. There's a lot of sand where I live in the dirt, so I went out to the fire pit and dug out some of the deeper stuff, even sifting out the rough sand. My girlfriend likes to use that for Swamp terrain for her 'Nids.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:24 am
ChaosThePowerful
Thank you guys so much for your suggestions biggrin For those who have seen my digestion pool on youtube (here) (I was really suprised to notice the amount of views eek ) and all its baron cardboard lovelyness, is there a way I can buy the gravel en masse? I'm looking on the GW site and I'm not seeing anything besides those tiny tubs.

I fantasize about building myself a gaming table blaugh kinda a long ways away from the skills for it. sweatdrop

For future inspiration on your tyranid things, you might want to have a look at the stuff that Hive Fleet Moloch has made.

http://hivefleetmoloch.com  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Cyrus Loken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:35 pm
There was another Nids' site that I found a while back, I believe it was something along the lines of Laius Horror? I'd have the link here for you, but ever since my other computer crashed ... sweatdrop The site had a great Trygon modification though.

What other types of buildings are important to the Tyranids? I know there's the Digestion Pool and there's Tyranid Towers, but the Codexes don't talk about much as far as buildings go and I'd hate to just copy what DoW2 has done. If there's any other buildings that are specific to Tyranids I think I'd just like to adapt my own design ideas to those.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm
ChaosThePowerful
There was another Nids' site that I found a while back, I believe it was something along the lines of Laius Horror? I'd have the link here for you, but ever since my other computer crashed ... sweatdrop The site had a great Trygon modification though.

What other types of buildings are important to the Tyranids? I know there's the Digestion Pool and there's Tyranid Towers, but the Codexes don't talk about much as far as buildings go and I'd hate to just copy what DoW2 has done. If there's any other buildings that are specific to Tyranids I think I'd just like to adapt my own design ideas to those.
Well, you could look at pictures of random things from the Xen Border World in the game Half Life, just to inspire some ideas. There are trees that move around, trying to kill things to consume and whatnot, just to give an idea. You could make thousands of different things from that alone.  

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:38 am
Make a Tyranid version of a Venus Flytrap, but...eating a tank or something. With pieces like that, the only limit is your imagination and your budget.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:06 am
Train hobby supply stores carry a whole bunch of awesome stuff for terrain, also plasticard for more modeling fun.

I have a friend who makes a lot of terrain... he uses an old manual sausage grinder to grind sprue up into little bits, and uses it as rubble for his 40K terrain.  

BlueLucied

Cyrus Loken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:35 pm
BlueLucied

I have a friend who makes a lot of terrain... he uses an old manual sausage grinder to grind sprue up into little bits, and uses it as rubble for his 40K terrain.

I like this idea. very creative 3nodding tell your friend he's awesome, lol  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:20 pm
I haven't melted the stuff, but I have softened it with a candle flame to bend it into angles. I also use my sprue for terrain like bridges, Czech Hedgehogs (already mentioned), Ork vehicle frames, and a set of anti-skimmer towers for Planetstrike. I only use the offcuts for rubble (and I have plenty of it).  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers