Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
Open Warning to Guildmates

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 pm
There is a guild, called The Round Table - an Adult, No Drama guild. It looks to be a fairly cool place on the surface. I received an invite, which is why I joined. I learned quickly that their Captains have a specifically Christian world view, which isn't a problem if they didn't militantly close and delete threads that got even slightly into 'rough territory.'

I was banned for calling them on their censorship, and they deleted the thread in which I had called them out. I'm going to patently recommend against joining this guild if you get an invite.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 am
Thanks for the warning; I got an invite from them about 3 days ago, but hesitated in joining because I didn't see anything I was actually interested in as far as threads go and it didn't seem like anything fun ever happens there anyway. 3nodding confused I am Christian (Catholic to be exact) and I find that very disturbing that they won't even allow a little bit of controversy. That's sad. How else are you supposed to grow in your faith life or otherwise? rolleyes Anyway, like I said in the begining, thanks for the warning. 3nodding  

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am
Curious- I had received an invite as well. I didn't check it out because, well, things are a bit busy right now.

Thanks for the heads up.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:15 am
The sad part is, they have SEVEN PAGES of members, and it's put them on page five ((They claim.)) of the Guild Listing.

But it took me one day to move up the ranks to page two of their Most posted list.

Anyone else see the problem there?  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

chiwarriorcelesti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:50 am
Punk Fox TH
The sad part is, they have SEVEN PAGES of members, and it's put them on page five ((They claim.)) of the Guild Listing.

But it took me one day to move up the ranks to page two of their Most posted list.

Anyone else see the problem there?
Kinda fishy yeah. As we've all been given an invite it appears. Got mine a few days ago...

Any thoughts of me joining have been throughly thrashed by your warning. I'd be banned in a heartbeat.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 am
I got an invite too, but got a bad vibe and didn't do it.

My amoral sensibilities and roguish charm would have made me many enemies there, I think  

Headhunter

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:19 pm
21+ Eldery Geek and Artists Guild: The real chill guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:09 am
Punk Fox TH

Now I see the next guild home page photo.

I wonder what a can of "chillax", as my brother Paul would put it, would look like...  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:20 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Punk Fox TH

I wonder what a can of "chillax", as my brother Paul would put it, would look like...

A little shopping and this would work really well.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41d6NaQ46GL.jpg
Comedy point: This is the body wash I use.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:27 pm
Punk Fox TH
AntoniaMerEnfant
Punk Fox TH

A little shopping and this would work really well.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41d6NaQ46GL.jpg
Comedy point: This is the body wash I use.
*starts pondering* Hmmm...now I'll be thinking on that off and on for about a week. wink I'll see what I can dream up, but don't get your hopes up for that exact picture (although, we'll see where my inspirations take us). 3nodding  

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:49 am
I'm actually thinking about joining. As nasty as it sounds, they seem to be doing a cattle call and it might be nice to scoop up some new members. Shameless, I know. I'm becoming a wee bit naughty in my old age.

Also, their rules said something regarding god's name being used as a four letter word. I think they mean to say profanity but I could be wrong. "ZEUS" "HERA" "JUNO" "THOR" "KALI" I'm trying to think which other deities are four letters long...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:20 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
I'm actually thinking about joining. As nasty as it sounds, they seem to be doing a cattle call and it might be nice to scoop up some new members. Shameless, I know. I'm becoming a wee bit naughty in my old age.

Also, their rules said something regarding god's name being used as a four letter word. I think they mean to say profanity but I could be wrong. "ZEUS" "HERA" "JUNO" "THOR" "KALI" I'm trying to think which other deities are four letters long...

There's a reason we like you. wink  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers