Submit

Do you like to join discussions?
  Yes
  No
  Moneyz
View Results

Happedol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 pm
I've been in this guild for quite some time, although I was gone for some long periods.(Had nothing to do with the Guild, was just tired of Gaia.)

Anywho, I was just thinking about the amount of discussion topics in the Guild. I myself love discussions, and I like this guild, so I hanged around the Debate subforum somewhat,but I didn't really find any active topics/some were a bit outdated. I know, if it's not active, make it active, but I was a bit worried that I was reviving old topics.

Well, I'm still not getting to the point. I wouldn't say this guild has a lack of discussion topics, but it could use some more. It's good for the girls, to form opinions for themselves, stir the brain, learn a few things, and what not. When I come here , the topics most active are the game threads or the quizzes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, we can all use a little amusement. But we should find a good balance, right?

So why am I not making topics myself? I did make one, but that wasn't really replied to, except for one girl (she made a very good post by the way). I'll probably try and make some more, with a little more clear and attractive structure.

The point of this post is just really to motivate the girls here some more to actively join/create discussions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:23 pm
Happedol
I've been in this guild for quite some time, although I was gone for some long periods.(Had nothing to do with the Guild, was just tired of Gaia.)

Anywho, I was just thinking about the amount of discussion topics in the Guild. I myself love discussions, and I like this guild, so I hanged around the Debate subforum somewhat,but I didn't really find any active topics/some were a bit outdated. I know, if it's not active, make it active, but I was a bit worried that I was reviving old topics.

Well, I'm still not getting to the point. I wouldn't say this guild has a lack of discussion topics, but it could use some more. It's good for the girls, to form opinions for themselves, stir the brain, learn a few things, and what not. When I come here , the topics most active are the game threads or the quizzes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, we can all use a little amusement. But we should find a good balance, right?

So why am I not making topics myself? I did make one, but that wasn't really replied to, except for one girl (she made a very good post by the way). I'll probably try and make some more, with a little more clear and attractive structure.

The point of this post is just really to motivate the girls here some more to actively join/create discussions.

I guess it depends on what I'm discussing...  

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:55 pm
I've posted in a handful of topics in the Debate subforum, and I even started a discussion thread in there somewhere. It's a nice idea, and I'd like to see it get more use.

That said, the main problem with the forum is that there are a lot of hit-and-run posts. That's fine if we're just asking for opinions, but it's hard to debate or discuss something when the other person never comes back. So while getting more posters in there would be good, what I'd really like to see are more regular posters. Otherwise, I might have to start PMing people when I respond to them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 pm
@crackerlover
Ofcourse, you don't have to discuss about a subject that you aren't interested in at all.

@Zephyrkitty

I've seen that happen a lot too. They post their opinion and later on they don't check back. Posting just your opinion can sometimes lead to a discussion,(when someone else responds to that post) but most of the times, it doesn't.

I thought that maybe starting the thread in the main forum would attract more people, but that isn't really working +the crew then has to move those topics to the Debate forum.

Maybe it's just a matter of more initiative. I'll certainly try and make more threads, but then we need to find a way to motivate the people to post. (at least, if they don't post at all.)

Happedol

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff