View Results

The Original Jbird

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 pm
User Image

I was raised to believe that, as a pretty girl, I would never have to do anything for myself. That anything I ever wanted in this world could be mine just by asking a guy for it. My mother was the first to tell me this. I didn’t believe her, of course. I’ve known that she’s full of s**t ever since I was inside of her to see for myself. But then my father said it, and I knew it to be true.

The TV of my time focused a lot on pretty girls that were treated as though they were ugly. Society wanted to see the outcasts, someone who’s ridiculed for being ugly"but they didn’t actually want to see an ugly girl. If the girl being teased on TV was actually ugly, no one would feel sorry for her. It’s her fault, really, for being ugly. But a pretty girl who’s called ugly…she’s the one you want to feel bad for. She’s the one you want to relate to.

This pretty/ugly girl was almost never bitter, as heroes are usually optimistic in the face of peril and ridicule. She would have a friend, though, possibly one who was actually ugly, (Or worse, fat) and she would be horribly bitter. But the truly ugly girl would be helped, and inspired, the pretty/ugly girl, who would tell her to stay happy, that the best revenge on the world was to become a huge success despite her horrendous looks. I watched these shows. I knew better. I knew it didn’t matter what I did, or what some ugly girl did, I would always be successful. I would always be better.

Because I’m pretty.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:47 pm
I really like where you are going with this. I think that you should keep going with it and see where it leads you. Other than a few nit-picky things, I really like this. It's very different. Keep writing! heart  

evolvingwolf

The Original Jbird

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:30 pm
EvolvingWolf
I really like where you are going with this. I think that you should keep going with it and see where it leads you. Other than a few nit-picky things, I really like this. It's very different. Keep writing! heart
User Image

Why thank you ^^

Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces