Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
For anyone who wants to tone up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I need muscle! D:
  Me too!
  I don't! I'M BUFF! *puffs up*
View Results

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 pm
I emailed this super awesome lady that I know, who's a certified fitness instructor [and teaches Zumba, for those of you who know what that is! Fun stuff], and asked her for some tips on toning up without any fancy weight machines or anything. And she linked me here, which is some videos explaining how to properly lift weights, do planks, pushups, and squats. And I thought I'd share with you guys. I believe there's also some other awesome little videos on her site and stuff for other exercise type things, but yeah. I'm gonna keep this handy for when I eventually get off my lazy butt and work on toning up like I've been meaning to. >.>

PS Can I remind all the womens that lifting weights and building muscles will not make you bulky. You really have to go out of your way and do a lot more than you may think in order to "bulk up". It takes a ridiculously strict and boring diet paired with... well, ridiculously tough workouts, and probably some supplements, too. You will NOT bulk up, so don't worry about it. All you'll get is lean, toned arms, a flat tummy and an awesome booty. For reals. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:07 am
thanks for the link! i've just been doing cardio lately, i need to start working on the toning machines at my gym.

also, a trainer at my gym who i also used to do yoga with made a facebook page about weightloss & working out: http://www.facebook.com/VeganDianarchy#!/group.php?gid=381754045140&ref=ts it's very inspiring smile

pinkcatminht

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:04 pm
I am such a fan of the Power 90 series, but that costs money unless you're a pirate.

Go to youtube and look up the 8-minute series. Abs, Arms, Buns, Legs, Stretch.

Pick 2 to do every day and you're golden. For arms you need weights, but you can use cans or milk jugs filled with water (add water for weight!) It's at home, fast, easy. (:

If you can, though, Power 90 is fantastic. So is P90X but you need to be semi-crazy to do it, ha. I'm on day 3. x__x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 pm
User Image

I'm so going to try this tonight, when everyone is asleep because I'm self-conscious.
03o

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games